Hughes is Safe! Official!

berkowizard said:
fair point, but blueinsa's losses tally would have included santander, hamburg loss etc, hence i included the wins

The league is the ultimate barometer and we will do worse than last season as far as points go and could well do on position too.

berkowizard said:
23 wins to Sven's 19? You could look at it either way.[color=#0000FF[/color]
The fact that the players HE has signed have added steel and a lot more professionalism, rather than the nancy boys prancing around either sulking, doing a runner, nobbing birds in nightclubs, breaking curfews.
The fact that Stevie Ireland loves him. SWP loves him, ditto all the players that I'm proud to have pulling on a city shirt.
The fact that no one (including Sven for that matter) should be judged after only one season in charge
The fact that the owners and Garry Cook ( i.e unlike us, people who do actually see what is going on behind the scenes) clearly have faith in him.

1: I couldnt give a flying fuck about sven.The hughes fans have decided to start using him as an excuse to keep their man
2: Well if stevie and sweep love him, thats allright then im sure ADUG will ask them first if its allright to get rid of their bestest mate!
3: £3m a year gives us as fans and our owners every right to fuckin judge him, after a week, a month, or a year. If your shit you go!
4: Is this the Garry Cook that know's that should the axe fall on Hughes the chances are it will also fall on him?

PBLZ129 said:
BobKowalski said:
PBLZ129 said:
As i recall all the rags were calling for baconface's sacking in his first season - they didnt though did they?

No.

Call for his sacking in his first season that is. In his first season baconface finished runners up in the league.

Which is one of the reasons why he didn't get the push later. That and the fact he had a proven track record. And he didn't whinge like a f**king girl that he was in a transistion season either.

But then unlike Hughes he does know what success looks like.

Old Baconchops took up the post in 1986 at the rags...

1986-87 season they finished 10th - hardly runners up. (EDIT: actually it was worse 11th)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1986-87.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1986-87.html</a>

So yes they did though didnt they?

Who gives a shit what SAF did: what Hughes has done has not been good enough. People point to his wonderful signings but the jury is out on most of those. De Jong today did OK in a crabesque way but he was muscled off the ball by Defoe in the lead up to the second goal, which is hardly impressive for a defensive midfielder.

blueinsa said:
berkowizard said:
23 wins to Sven's 19? You could look at it either way.[color=#0000FF[/color]
The fact that the players HE has signed have added steel and a lot more professionalism, rather than the nancy boys prancing around either sulking, doing a runner, nobbing birds in nightclubs, breaking curfews.
The fact that Stevie Ireland loves him. SWP loves him, ditto all the players that I'm proud to have pulling on a city shirt.
The fact that no one (including Sven for that matter) should be judged after only one season in charge
The fact that the owners and Garry Cook ( i.e unlike us, people who do actually see what is going on behind the scenes) clearly have faith in him.

1: I couldnt give a flying fuck about sven.The hughes fans have decided to start using him as an excuse to keep their man
2: Well if stevie and sweep love him, thats allright then im sure ADUG will ask them first if its allright to get rid of their bestest mate!
3: £3m a year gives us as fans and our owners every right to fuckin judge him, after a week, a month, or a year. If your shit you go!
4: Is this the Garry Cook that know's that should the axe fall on Hughes the chances are it will also fall on him?

I don't think Stevie loves him at the moment!

If you believe the reports in the newspapers, Hughes has brought some discipline to training that was sorely lacking under Sven. However, again going by newspaper reports, Hughes doesn't seem to have the dressing room by any means. There have been some pretty public shows of dissent that he's failed to stamp on like a great manager would.

What you don't need to look in the newspapers to see is that Hughes put out the wrong team today. It was not the day for a conservative formation. We needed to chase those three points, even if it meant increasing the risk of losing. And Caicedo was not the man to go alone up front from the start, not after his performance on Sunday. I think he's gone for a draw because he thinks people final value league position above all else.

All in all, it makes me feel like Hughes has been good at the job he's concentrated on: convincing the owners to let him stay.

Hopefully next season, with their backing, he'll realise that the real task in hand is becoming the strong leader and bold decision-maker that we deserve.

(Ouch, this fence isn't very comfortable, is it?)

OB1 said:
PBLZ129 said:
BobKowalski said:
PBLZ129 said:
As i recall all the rags were calling for baconface's sacking in his first season - they didnt though did they?

No.

Call for his sacking in his first season that is. In his first season baconface finished runners up in the league.

Which is one of the reasons why he didn't get the push later. That and the fact he had a proven track record. And he didn't whinge like a f**king girl that he was in a transistion season either.

But then unlike Hughes he does know what success looks like.

1986-87 season they finished 10th - hardly runners up. (EDIT: actually it was worse 11th)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1986-87.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1986-87.html</a>

Who gives a shit what SAF did: what Hughes has done has not been good enough. People point to his wonderful signings but the jury is out on most of those. De Jong today did OK in a crabesque way but he was muscled off the ball by Defoe in the lead up to the second goal, which is hardly impressive for a defensive midfielder.

So, who would YOU bring in? Realistically who could we bring in who

a, Has premiership experience and if not could handle it - Scolari was tipped for success but he was a major FAIL
c, Would want to come
d, Could get us anywhere

Jose would be perfect but he isnt going to come to City.

Jose would be perfect but he isnt going to come to City.[/quote] And you no this as a fact?

city diehard said:
i apologise.Good lad

your on the same hymn sheet as me then

job was right for hughes pre takeover now just too big for him

nail on the head comes to mind

PBLZ129 said:

He took over the post in November 86, they had 3 wins and 4 draws from 13 matches at the time. They got 11 wins and 10 draws from the remaining 29 matches under him, a significant improvement unfortunately.

In his first full season they finished runners up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.