Hughes: "My teams have always been stronger in the New Year"

Sigh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Add "Obviously" (obviously), throw in "in that respect" and "in what we are trying to achieve" along with a few random words and youve got your own little Mark Hughes phrase generator.

"Obviously, the boy Nasri has been playing at the top of his form in recent weeks..."
Sat. Dec. 4th 2010, Yahoo! Eurosport.uk

"Obviously, there was lots of talk and there had been contact..."
Fri. Dec 3rd 2010, Liverpool Echo.

"He was obviously very flattered by the interest..."
Thu. Dec 2nd 2010, bettor.com (blog)

"Obviously he takes a real active interest in the club and the team..."
Sat. Nov. 27th 2010, Daily Star.

"We had obviously already discussed what we felt about the game..."
Fri. Nov.26th 2010, Gorey Guardian.

"Obviously we lost a little bit of belief after the first goal."
Mon. Nov. 22nd 2010, bettor.com (blog)

I like this one:

"We are very aware of where we are, you only have to look at the table. But we're only five points away from seventh, so you can look at it both ways..."
Sat. Nov.27th 2010, Soccerway.com

He always talks in the royal "we" too.

Never mind the new year...if Fulham don't start winning pdq the flakey pharoe is going to show Hughes the door!
A good man but surrounded by clueless coaches imo. Wonder how long he sticks with his taffia buddies...

Burtonblue said:
Never mind the new year...if Fulham don't start winning pdq the flakey pharoe is going to show Hughes the door!
A good man but surrounded by clueless coaches imo. Wonder how long he sticks with his taffia buddies...

Your opinion re his backroom staff is one that i hold as well mate.

I have no love for Hughes either and i honestly don't think he will ever become a great manager but until he has the balls to get rid of the shit he has around him, he will never get the opportunity imo.

Burtonblue said:

Hang on. They are "as good as anything in Europe".

And that must be true because Hughes played at Barca and Bayern in the 80s, so how could he not be in a great position to judge?

Plus, plenty on here are also of the same opinion, or were at the time he was throwing that about anyway.

Billy Bullshitter strikes again!

I reckon we must be about 2 bad Fulham results away from the spin machine working it's magic. Wonder which of his foreign players will be the scapegoat this time!

personally wish him all the best. liked the attack play. bit too cautious tho with winable games. bob man and hughes could learn from each other. perhaps bob man has - but hughes hasn't.

as much as i like the guy im not sure he has it. poor decisions, set in his ways, more about stats than results, questionable tactics, too cautious, no real cohesion, lets teams attack - it goes on. almost perverse football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.