Hughes Needed More Time

From where I was looking we appeared to be getting worse, something was wrong, I hazard to guess that maybe some of the players could not understand his game plan

Ducado said:
From where I was looking we appeared to be getting worse, something was wrong, I hazard to guess that maybe some of the players could not understand his game plan

We were indeed getting worse, shirley. Think of all the goals that were flying in against us, and mostly scored by mediocre teams that couldn't normally buy a goal away from home.

panzer1311 said:
ok tin hat on........mark hughes should have been given more time than 18 months. some of the posts on this forum are ridiculous, ie " hughes's style of football was shite".....ive been to all the home games this year. and most of the time we have played attacking/attractive football!, maybe some games (hull) we tried to walk the ball in the net, but haven't aresenal been "accused" of that? the problem was the defence, and yes they are hughes's signings. but 18 months is not enough time for a back 4 to form an understanding,i think given time he would have made more signings like bellamy/de jong etc.......... iam 100% behind any decision ADUG make, (city are my concern not mark hughes) but they should have given him this saeson at least

IMO he had enough time, defence was letting in goals left right and centre, his gameplan, decisions, substituitions and tactics cost us far to many points, he didn't have a plan B, he had a clueless number of backroom staff behind him aswell, he may of brought all these players but it's useless if you can't handle them or train them, we improved on paper but not the pitch,

Arsenal 4-2, The Scum 4-3, Chelsea 2-1, that's 3 games, the only 3 games i can say i have actually enjoyed this season, we've been shit away from home and looked like were playing for a point everygame and at home we've not been much better, overall were lucky to be sitting in 6th place, we could easilt be 12th now,

Inept managers don't go with top teams with shit loads of cash and top world class players, robinho being managed by mark hughes is like cat and mouse, could you imagine if Kaka would of come? would of been an absolute disaster.

Robbie said, 'the mentality is NOW top 4' so it wasn't under Hughes then, Hughes was far to negative at city and he was always out of his depth once the money came in.

Freestyler said:
panzer1311 said:
Robbie said, 'the mentality is NOW top 4' so it wasn't under Hughes then, Hughes was far to negative at city and he was always out of his depth once the money came in.

Has Robbie said this? Because it rings true to me. He's talked before about needing a winning mentality and it has to be said, the degree of defeatism that Hughes was peddling couldn't really have been helpful to player confidence and morale, particular when it came to the defence. Their egos are very delicate flowers. It's a pity but there's no getting away from it. Even Robbie has been known to lose form. I still remember Elano letting him take a penalty last season because the goals had dried up and his confidence was thought to be low. He missed and all.

Pam said:

Has Robbie said this? Because it rings true to me. He's talked before about needing a winning mentality and it has to be said, the degree of defeatism that Hughes was peddling couldn't really have been helpful to player confidence and morale, particular when it came to the defence. Their egos are very delicate flowers. It's a pity but there's no getting away from it. Even Robbie has been known to lose form. I still remember Elano letting him take a penalty last season because the goals had dried up and his confidence was thought to be low. He missed and all.

yeh he said it on the sylvinho interview video :D

panzer1311 said:
ok tin hat on........mark hughes should have been given more time than 18 months. some of the posts on this forum are ridiculous, ie " hughes's style of football was shite".....ive been to all the home games this year. and most of the time we have played attacking/attractive football!, maybe some games (hull) we tried to walk the ball in the net, but haven't aresenal been "accused" of that? the problem was the defence, and yes they are hughes's signings. but 18 months is not enough time for a back 4 to form an understanding,i think given time he would have made more signings like bellamy/de jong etc.......... iam 100% behind any decision ADUG make, (city are my concern not mark hughes) but they should have given him this saeson at least
no more hes gone ,adios,goodbye seeyou.gone gone gone,do you understand,and yes were still alive n kicking,well all be there sat,life goes on ok

Doesn't matter how much time he should or should not have been given. He was not producing results and they did not see it improving so they replaced him with a manager they thought could do a better job. That's what it boils down to.

C_T_I_D said:
Doesn't matter how much time he should or should not have been given. He was not producing results and they did not see it improving so they replaced him with a manager they thought could do a better job. That's what it boils down to.

I believe that what he had to do was come out after the Bolton game and say things needed to change, starting with the appointment of a half decent defensive coach and the recruitment of someone with better tactical nous. I'm certain this would have saved him and I think the most telling remark contained in Cook's press statement the other day was that there was no indication that things would ever get better.

18 months not enough for the defence to have an understanding ? You're joking right ? Toure and Lescott were playing top flight football the week before they signed. I'm shocked they couldn't develop an understanding after 2 or 3 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.