Hughes on Mancini

Mr class personified himself hasn't been very classy lately has he? Total embarrassment and very bitter because he blew his big chance and that will almost certainly be his only big chance.

Any of the previously very vocal Hughes inners still around to comment on Sparkless' latest putdown of our manager and club?

LoveCity said:
Any of the previously very vocal Hughes inners still around to comment on Sparkless' latest putdown of our manager and club?

a1967586-186-tumbleweed.jpg

LoveCity said:
I think prestwich blue was the only Hughes inner left. ;-)

Joga Bonito said:
Apologies if already posted:
Former Manchester City boss Mark Hughes criticises current incumbent Roberto Mancini's methods: 'He is an abolsute autocrat'

Hughes believes the Italian’s managerial style is too authoritarian and thinks Mancini doesn’t understand the modern game.

“I don’t know the guy personally but looking at him from the outside, he comes across as autocratic. It’s either his way or the highway," the former Fulham manager said, according to the Daily Mirror.

“I’m not sure he indulges players, tries to get to know or understand them. I’m not sure he’s that type of manager.
if i was mark hughes i would compare career trophies with mancini before criticising,
“Managing like that in the modern age with modern ­footballers is more difficult.

“To be an absolute autocrat and not be ­flexible in terms of how it’s going to be done and not ­understand your decisions can impact on players is difficult, because they do.”

Mancini has had clashes with some of his players during his tenure, most notably Carlos Tevez, and Hughes believes the City boss can only blame himself.

“If you manage like that, there are going to be clashes and the likelihood of having clashes with players is, on the law of averages, going to be more prevalent than managers who try to get the best out of players doing it the other way," Hughes added.

“What Roberto has in his favour is that he is at a top club and it means if he has a problem with a player he can take them out of the equation.

“He can stop using them; whereas at a lesser level, you cannot just write off players because you need them the next week. It’s a different style but at a lower level you can’t be so autocratic.

“If you look at the clubs he has been at – Inter Milan and City – he has had the means to do it. That style of management is what he knows and that’s how he manages because he hasn’t had to manage any other way.”

He added: “Carlos is strong-willed, certainly. Yes, he wants to play and for a guy who has come through life the hard way he still has a genuine desire to want to play every week.

“I never saw him as volatile. I can’t think of one incident where there were flashpoints, but I played a long time and I can handle things like that.

“You learn how to take the sting out of it. It would never have happened under my watch.”

Hughes has backed his former side to challenge Manchester United for the Premier League title - as the two teams get ready to duel on Sunday - but he doesn’t think they are yet ready to win the Champions League.

He added: “City have incredible depth and they can challenge United for the Premier League. But in the Champions League, I don’t think they can get to where they want to be either this season or even next season.

“Because I think you have to build that knowledge. United improved year on year and you only develop like that from playing in the competition.

“Whether or not the group as a whole work as diligently and with the same mantra Manchester United have, I’d maybe suggest not.

“Every Manchester United player understands what United is about. The players understand it is a privilege to play for them. They show the club that ­deference. I’m not sure the group at City understand that yet.”

Mr Hughes..How is the dole by the way?

What a fucking cock...The bitterness is their for all to see!

Fuck me - even walked out on Fulham when he thought the chavs were in for him. Another Jorabchin puppet!

It's amazing how high an opinion both himself and the press have about him despite achieving fuck all in the managerial side of the game.

A nasty niggling shit as a player
arrogant twat as a manager
and drove Elano out of the club
should never have been given the job
rag bast--d

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.