Hughes out

Matty said:
Sky Blue said:
Pearcey said:
We've been beaten by Stoke, Hull, West Brom, Notts Forrest.

I must have missed the Hull defeat.

I like the way you've totally ignored every one of his points and then commented on the one mistake he made. The second I saw he'd said Hull beat us I knew someone would pick up on that as if it negates the rest of his his post.

It doesn't.

Swap Hull For Brighton then... Thats even worse.

K.Reeves right foot said:
I think this whole thread demonstrates the complete split in City fans as to who is to blame for the mess we are in at present.
Today was all the more dissapointing as I felt it was a pivotal point to the season. i.e if we had won we would have gone 7th and got over the away day hoodoo. This would have set us up nicely for the rest of the season.
Watching the game today I was bewildered with the blatant LACK of COHESION in the line up, and there seemed to be no TACTICAL plan.

Personally - I think Hughes and Robinhio [and Elano to lesser degree] are completly INCOMPATABLE. Hughes was given Robinhio as a present and so feels obliged to play him. So, on the one hand he has to play him, yet he doesn't fit into a Hughes style system. There is only one way around this, one of them [robbie or Hughes] has to go. This is not my opinion out of taste, its merely stating fact.
I just don't know anymore about Hughes, ive backed him, listened to waht he's told us about bringing in new players, beding them in, but today was soul destroying. Lacking in talent is not a problem, lacking in formation, team plan, and desire IS and I think the City fans who want Hughes out are referring to the latter more than anything.
With good reason too.

11 Out of ten...We are now seen as an easy touch, a good chance of 3 points by all, I think after yesterday Foo Foo has a lot more foes than friends. There is something not right there...What the fuck is going on???

Excellent thread.

The bottom line in my view is if we dont get rid of Hughes now we are in serious relegation trouble.

I think we will have a maximum of 10 -12 points given the games we have left.

Our squad are not battlers

We cannot recover from a one goal deficit

We are in serious trouble, we have had our "easy spell"...

The squad we have is far superior to the league position we are in, it is so pain to see.

We would be better with a caretaker manager

What has Hughes done here or even in his whole managerial career that says he is or is ever likely to be a success? I honestly cannot think of a single thing that sets him apart from a whole range of very average mediocre managers.

Please please explain.

minimanc said:
get him out as soon as possible

Hi chaps First post here:

Why oh why do people not point the finger at Hughes rather than our poor out of form players?

Robinho gave the ball away far too much against portsmouth, is that hughes' fault?
Elano only had eyes for robinho when the ball was at his feet, even if he was 65 yards away and his percentage of completed passes must have been low, is that hughes' fault?
Micah Richards seems to believe he doesnt have to sprint anymore and he can coast through games, again is that hughes' fault and on and on.

Lets give hughes the 3 year "project" he needs and us as supporters need. We are in a transition period and the next time someone puts a HUGHES OUT thread on here, please take no notice of it its a joke

As a Hughes supporter all season I finally ran out of patience with him at 5pm yesterday.
I have defended the man for weeks but now I firmly believe he is not the man for the job & he is completely and utterly out of his depth.
Some of the questions that need to be asked are:-

1- Why when playing the same formation with most of the same players when playing away do we continue to be woeful?

2- Why is it so easy for the bottom 4 to roll us over?.

3- How can Elano & Robinho look awesome on Tuesday yet look awful on Saturday for us.

It's my opinion that some of the players are not buying into Hughes training methods & one other vital point is I just don't think he can motivate the team. I think most City fans wouldn't mind loosing as much if we put in good displays away from home & we had desire, passion and commitment. But these 3 qualities have been all lacking in the abject surrendours yesterday & vs Stoke, West Brom and Bolton to name a few.
It's simply not good enough in my book that a squad cost over £120 million pounds can be so poor and fragile and be the whipping boys & so bloody charitable when confronting teams on a bad run which more often than not leads to them ending it against US.
I feel sorry for the people who pay hard earn money away with little reward, you deserve a medal.

My hope is that we can attract Scolari for next season.

Apparently Hughes has split the camp down the middle. Good.
My mates, and they are fuckin stupid, need someone to tell them how daft they are. Is it really that easy? There's a few peeps that I know that probably need someone to tell them how hard it is before they go home. I fuckin hope I get home before i'm slapped. billy shears is probs best off talkin before i get me own quiche xxxxxx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.