Hughes OUT

baggy said:
Getting rid of Hughes before the end of the season would be the worse thing we could do.

The squad is majority Hughes signings, bringing in another manager to work with half a season would be madness.

It's his squad, give him this full season and judge him on that.

In the meantime, get behind the team.

All this negativity is just getting boring now...
Good post. We aren't ging to be relegated so let's just see how we do by the end of the season.

Ricster said:
Take off your threat in Robinho who was attracting 3 players sometimes and replace him with a workhorse. We then lose the threat which allowed Hull to start playing.

The substitution should have been like for like and yet again i was left screaming for Weiss to come on.

Anyway, ispiring substitutions, just a shame it only inspired Hull and not us.

Hughes, you really are a grade A muppet!

Weiss won't play this season. I am a great admirer of Weiss but Hughes is brown-nosing the owners by playing Tevez instead. Weiss can offer alot more than Wright-Phillips and Tevez can. So why not play him against a shit defence for the last 20 minutes of a shit game? Shake it up in the middle, so to speak. The left back for Hull was slow yesterday. Weiss has all the pace in the world and if he doesnt play, we wont get to see him on a global stage next year in South Africa. Which is a huge shame.

HUGHES OUT.

Marvin said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Your entitled to your opinion but how many clear cut chances did we really create yesterday? Apart from the Tevez one in the first half we had very few chances

The problem for me yesterday came when Robinho went off. When Robinho was on the pitch we always had an outlet out wide because his close control is so good players can play the ball to him knowing he'll be able to keep hold of it in difficult situations and when he went off we had no-one who can hold defenders off while keeping the ball close to thier feet and it was Hull from the moment Robbie went off
Robinho was knackered and should have come off earlier.

The Bellamy sub was fone, but why didn't we bring on a midfielder for a forward to help out Ireland and De Jong and give us some control over the game?

Robinho was knackered and he was taken off at the right time but it still caused us problems when he went off as we had no other player on the pitch who can keep the ball aswell as Robinho

As far as the situation is now, i dont so much as want Hughes to leave, per say, but if i had the option of Mourinho or Hiddink to come in, i would welcome them. Just my opinion.

After splashing out millions on building a new team, speculation has started to mount about the future of Manchester City manager Mark Hughes.

Saturday's 1-1 result with Hull City was City's seventh straight draw in the Premier League and left the club 11 points behind Chelsea at the top of the table.

Sunday's News of the World suggested that the likes of Guus Hiddink and Jose Mourinho could be brought in to replace Hughes if the Welshman doesn't lead City up the table.

And Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail suggested that the potential availability of Hiddink, following Russia's failure to reach the World Cup Finals, could provide the biggest threat to Hughes' position.

Samuel told The Sunday Supplement: "With the investment that they gave him in the summer, if it doesn't go right this season he will leave the club.

"It just depends how early they decide to start panicking about this.

"I would have thought Hiddink is more of a danger to him than Jose Mourinho at this moment, I don't really see Jose leaving Inter Milan when they're still in the Champions League.

"Hiddink being available again is a danger to everybody, even Carlo Ancelotti who is top of the league. We hear about how he could be Director of Football or whatever."
Improve

Hughes signed the likes of Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott in the summer to improve City's back four - but they have only managed to keep four clean sheets in the Premier League this season.

However, Samuel believes it is some of the big-money signings at the other end of the pitch - such as Carloz Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor - who need to take more responsibility.

Samuel argued that those big-money frontmen need to start proving themselves as matchwinners if they want to justify their transfer fees.

"The strange thing with this is City haven't now won since September - and I think it's deeper than just the defence," Samuel said.

"People keep going on about the defence, but one of the things is - depending on who you believe - they spent anything between £32million and £47million bringing Carlos Tevez to Manchester City.

"He has scored against one Premier League team this season - he scored two goals against West Ham in September.

"Now Tevez is a smashing player, a really, really good player, but if you've spent £32million on a striker you expect more for your money.

"Look at Torres at Liverpool, they spent a lot of money on Torres and he decides matches for them.

"When they've got the man fit and they're drawing 1-1 with Bolton, he'll get the winner. Who is doing that for Manchester City? They were drawing with Hull City and needed someone to nick a winner in the last 10 minutes - or Fulham or Birmingham City. Who is actually taking the responsibility to go 'right, I decide this game now'.

"This isn't necessarily a case against Mark Hughes, but the players have got to start taking responsibility."

Different

Samuel also pointed out that City's run of draws can be viewed in two different ways.

While the club have only lost one Premier League game all season, they have not won one since the 3-1 success against West Ham on September 28.

And Samuel feels that whatever happens at the end of this run could prove pivotal for Hughes' future.

He said: "They're on this run of seven draws and it's what happens when the drawing sequence ends that will define how people see this run.

"If they then come out of it and win four on the bounce, that becomes 11 unbeaten - and Man City have only lost one game all season.

"If they then come out of it and get beat twice then it's 'Manchester City haven't won since September'.

"I know that seems very artificial, but it's what they do at the end of the drawing sequence that colours the whole run."

He has to go,i think the majority feel this way but the only thing that will get rid of him is calling for
his head during a match,booing is pointless.Our owner said he would listen to the fans opinion,lets see
if he will...

Luke_mcfc said:
This might ruffle a few feathers, for what its worth here's my take... I think Mark Hughes got the tactics right.

LMAO at this part. Any manager that comes up against Hull and does not man mark Bullard out the game and reverts to the long ball game to Adebayor who isnt that great in the air to compete against 6 foot 6 Gardner is hardly getting his tactics right.

jake28 said:
He has to go,i think the majority feel this way but the only thing that will get rid of him is calling for
his head during a match,booing is pointless.Our owner said he would listen to the fans opinion,lets see
if he will...

he also said he would give hughes time. lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.