Hughes sacked

Re: not long left for hughes

Mancio said:
just out of curiosity. would be interesting to know how many and which players bought since has been appointed at QPR. how much fees has spent and how much increased wages bill

Too many. Past it ones. A lot. Shedloads.

I think the bigger question is. How many of those players are "owned" by our fave football agent and Leslies mate kia joorabchian?

Prestwich_Blue said:
He's clearly one of those managers who is better at working on a budget than he is with limitless funds.

No, he is clearly just a very average manager that keeps on getting jobs and money he doesn't deserve. My mate is Welsh and hates him too. He was going on at the weekend about how Wales only needed a draw I think it was against Montenegro to qualify for the WC and he screwed it up.

Hughes did a decent job at Blackburn and Wales but in reality he is past 50 now and has achieved the grand sum of fuck all as a manager. His sides are still so bad defensively that it's surprising he is still a Premier League manager. I hope for QPR's sake they get rid soon.

de niro said:
the way we started this season i think mancini would have been looking over his shoulder. hughes is no different, they just need time.

You still have that bit of disdain towards Mancini left, eh?

Sad how many people take so much time out of their day to "hate" on Hughes. Laugh at his incompetence by all means, but when the posts cross over into foaming at the mouth anger territory it does seem way out of place.

We have had much worse managers than him down the years, and have signed much worse players than he signed, so all in all he's just another in the long list of instantly forgettable custodians of our club.

Personally I hope he's sacked because he won't keep QPR up and I'd hate to see Neds and Swp relegated.

Hughes has never been a good manager, at his very best he's competant but unspectacular. Normally he's below average. He insists on bring "the tafia" with him wherever he goes and, it would seem, not a one of them knows how to organise a side defensively. You'd think by now he'd have realised this fundamental flaw in his/his backroom staff's abilities and have either replaced one of them or added a further member to the tafia, one who knows what defending actually is! Even Wenger has finally cottoned on to this and brought Steve Bould in.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Remember, his teams always get stronger in the second half of the season!

That's one of his favourites...

I think moomba looked into this when he was our manager and worked out that it was 0.2 per games difference in the 2nd half of a season IIRC

I have a theory.
I think he got lucky with a very specific, very tight group of players at Blackburn.
They almost had a Wimbledon-style gang mentality and as a collective, they over-performed significantly, way above their constituent parts.
Once that 'gang' was broken up, neither the manager nor the individual players could cut it in another environment, at another club. Hughes, Santa Cruz, Bentley, Warnock etc.
In fact, all of them saw their careers go on a significantly downward trajectory since leaving Ewood.
It was just the right club at the right time for them and it flattered their individual abilities, the manager included.

LongsightM13 said:
I have a theory.
I think he got lucky with a very specific, very tight group of players at Blackburn.
They almost had a Wimbledon-style gang mentality and as a collective, they over-performed significantly, way above their constituent parts.
Once that 'gang' was broken up, neither the manager nor the individual players could cut it in another environment, at another club. Hughes, Santa Cruz, Bentley, Warnock etc.
In fact, all of them saw their careers go on a significantly downward trajectory since leaving Ewood.
It was just the right club at the right time for them and it flattered their individual abilities, the manager included.

Very good theory that and one that is borne out by the facts post the break up of that group of players. I think what is being laid bare more and more in the premier league is telling your players to just go out and play without having a defined attacking system will leave your team looking like bunch of Sunday league players when up against a well drilled well organised unit as West Ham were last night.

Hughes is a million miles from managers like Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers - guys who have studied modern coaching enough to not look like amateurs as often as Hughes' teams seemingly do.

I was horrified when I saw the QPR teamsheet last night. They were always going to get steamrolled in the first half. As I say, I hope Hughes is sacked because I would hate to see some of those players go down.

I know it's not really for this thread but the "my teams do better in the 2nd half of the season" thing reminded me something Neville said on Monday Night Football last night. I know he gets lots of plaudits for being a great pundit - but he's still a rag. So last night I couldn't help but chuckle when he was going on about United players being "bored" at this juncture in the season and that they are just waiting for "March, April" when they wake up start fighting for trophies. So that'll be the same March/April in which United threw away a seemingly unassailable lead in the league last season! Once a rag always a rag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.