Hughes sacked

Re: not long left for hughes

I was part of the Give Him Time brigade in 2008/2009 but am happy to admit I was wrong, and with all the time (and money) in the world we would probably have achieved very little with him as manager.

The reality is that he belongs in the Championship but his ego is far too inflated for him to even contemplate seeing himself there.

Cheered on the car on the way home from the Sunderland game when it was confirmed he'd gone.

Put us back a couple of years and if we'd stuck with him any longer would have fucked us up forever with FFP.

He'll be on the Elephant man round of jobs shortly. I'll give him 5/6 games max.

BillyShears said:
I know it's not really for this thread but the "my teams do better in the 2nd half of the season" thing reminded me something Neville said on Monday Night Football last night. I know he gets lots of plaudits for being a great pundit - but he's still a rag. So last night I couldn't help but chuckle when he was going on about United players being "bored" at this juncture in the season and that they are just waiting for "March, April" when they wake up start fighting for trophies. So that'll be the same March/April in which United threw away a seemingly unassailable lead in the league last season! Once a rag always a rag.

Good post in general billy, I fully agree that LongsightM13's theory has a lot in it. Hughes increasingly looks out of his depth (as do managers like Bruce) and it's in large part down to how sophisticated and professional the managers in the lower reaches of the prem are these days - Martinez, Clarke, Rodgers (haha! just joking, for any red-dippers reading..), Allardyce, Lambert etc all really know what they're doing.

I've quoted the bit above mostly because I hope it's true. Not sure that attitude will be of much use to United - they need to be on their game all season if they're to beat us and Chelsea to the title. I want to believe it's impossible to win the league with such a complete lack of central midfielders who can run and press, but knowing them they'll still, somehow, be there or thereabouts..

Neville is a good pundit, but mostly because he treats the job with professionalism and respect. His insights aren't particularly profound. The reason he sticks out is because all the others are lazy characters relying on reputation and cliche who trade in 'description-as-analysis'.

Braggster said:
Neville is a good pundit, but mostly because he treats the job with professionalism and respect. His insights aren't particularly profound. The reason he sticks out is because all the others are lazy characters relying on reputation and cliche who trade in 'description-as-analysis'.

I know its off the Hughes topic, but, I thought Neville's analysis of the United game - apart from the comment Billy Sheers quoted - was absolutely superb.
Despite his rag allegiance, he's the best pundit by far.

I have dug out the keys to the HUGHES OUT bandwagon and I'm currently revving it up and checking the tyres and oil in anticipation of driving it down to "that London" where it will be taking part in a 24/7 jamboree for the next few weeks.

I'm getting a motley crew of some pearly kings and queens, an old bloke with rickets, a fat, bullshitting cab driver, a middle aged bloke wearing golfing gear and Ricky Butcher and we are all driving the old thing down for a jolly up.

All aboard!

Horrible, self-regarding clown.

Frenandes is even more deluded:

Mark will sort it out. Look at his record,’ Fernandes tweeted. 'Keep calm. 6 games does not make a season. I have learnt from many wise chairman

'We have 5 injuries in the back. That's the problem. You fans have to realise. It will come. So much quality.'

‘QPR fans don’t worry. We have a great manager. New training ground, new stadium. Great players. This will make us stronger. Along the way to success there will be bumps.’

We would have won if we didn't go down to 10. I am relxaed (sic) and confident. Let's get all our players back and in form and fit and then let's see. Think of spurs.

Fernandes is no fool. I suppose he doesn't have much else he can say at the moment. And if you are going to games and being "hands-on" you can't stay in the background and say nothing like HRH.

MSP said:
Frenandes is even more deluded:

Mark will sort it out. Look at his record,’ Fernandes tweeted. 'Keep calm. 6 games does not make a season. I have learnt from many wise chairman

'We have 5 injuries in the back. That's the problem. You fans have to realise. It will come. So much quality.'

‘QPR fans don’t worry. We have a great manager. New training ground, new stadium. Great players. This will make us stronger. Along the way to success there will be bumps.’

We would have won if we didn't go down to 10. I am relxaed (sic) and confident. Let's get all our players back and in form and fit and then let's see. Think of spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.