Hughes tactically Naive?

Disagree with OP!

The fact Wigan have beaten Chelsea and Villa at Villa show they are no mugs!

We would have lost this match last year and although disappointed we didnt win so we went to third in the league I am pleased we fought so hard to earn a point when we were down to ten men!

citoeast said:
Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly, but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?

Absolute nonsense.

We dominated the game and, given a luckier run of the ball, would have been comfrtably ahead before the sending off. Without the sending off we would have won the game easily, I believe.

We did concede a stupid goal, I agree, but we got straight back int he game yet again and looked like we were going to win it to me.

The sending off was very unlucky. They kicked fuck out of us all day yet we ended up with 10 men. It was 2 badly timed tackles, no malice.

With 10 men we weren't really threatened and defended well.

I expected something else than what the OP delivered.

MC acted naive in the last quarter of the first half. They wanted to put the game on fast tracks to burst Wigan. In the end, Wigan rised as the fresher side and this earned them a goal.
Hugues indeed might have told his team to walk their way till the half time whistle.
On the other hand, this is a new team with a fair number of new elements and this team have to learn theirs own limits. Hugues cant deprive himself and his players from this valuable knowledge.
If the team commits the same mistake around March 2010, this will be a clear issue.

Well, its not really being ungrateful or anything like that. I think he is an OK manager and his strengths are bringing people in thats for sure. I like the way he emphasizes training. However tactics aren't his best of traits. I hope he sees this thread and thinks maybe I should add a tactician on the team. Someone who has experience and can advice me when we come up sides where tactics is all that is needed.

I am not saying sack him, I am saying he is tactically inept and to answer that join add another advisor/assistant to the team.

Whoever thinks that Hughes' tactics and substitutions in the game ever pull off must be deluded.

ArabFan12 said:
Well, its not really being ungrateful or anything like that. I think he is an OK manager and his strengths are bringing people in thats for sure. I like the way he emphasizes training. However tactics aren't his best of traits. I hope he sees this thread and thinks maybe I should add a tactician on the team. Someone who has experience and can advice me when we come up sides where tactics is all that is needed.

I am not saying sack him, I am saying he is tactically inept and to answer that join add another advisor/assistant to the team.

Whoever thinks that Hughes' tactics and substitutions in the game ever pull off must be deluded.

So perhaps you can tell me why we've played; 442, 4231, 451. Why we've dropped Robinho/Ireland/De Jong. And why we've only lost one bastarding game all season?

If our manager's so tactically inept?

Hughes is the best manager we have had in the 20 years I've been going to city. Everybody stood near me thought hughes made the right substitutions at the right time. Under the circumstances a point yesterday was a good result.

P.s thank fuck for spell check..

citoeast said:
This post is 90% praise for hughes 10% constructive criticsim, which is helpful and necessary for success./ Why do so many just see the criticism and misconstrue it as destructive. Read the post, be open minded and realise everyone, Hughes included has weaknesses that need improvement.
Is it really?

Let's take a closer look (the green bit is the only place where you give him some faint praise):

citoeast said:
Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly,
but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?

ArabFan12 said:

You talk about tactics, yet the nearest you get to dicuss "tactics" is saying "we got our ass kicked"

If you want to talk tactics, let's hear what you would have done...

One of the best things the new owners have done is stand by Mark Hughes.
It sends out a great message that the club is not going to Panic and chop and change managers and the drop of a point. we've done all that in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.