Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Whoever slags us off....

Pigeonho said:
sweep said:
Yeah we're 4th, no areas we can improve on, no way should we be expecting 3 points at Brum, might as well just pat ourselves on the back and close the board down.

Fucking no we should NOT expect 3 points at Brum. What a stupid, arrogant and very Man United thing to say, saying that though not even their fans are arrogant enough to expect 3 points at places like Birmingham. I can only presume you are a 'new fan' who knows fucking nothing about us, or football in general. 'Expect 3 points at Birmingham', utter, utter disfrace.

LMFAO what a muppet.

scorer said:
Pigeonho said:
Fucking no we should NOT expect 3 points at Brum. What a stupid, arrogant and very Man United thing to say

How about Home to Fulham a team that was playing their third game in 8 days... is it arrogant to expect to beat a side like that?

To be honest, yes it is. Fulham are a good side and they showed it. Do you not realise EVERY team is out to stop us? We are NOT losing games many other teams would, and opposing teams are upping their game 10 fold against us, like Fulham and Brum today showed. We didn't lose those games though, we got a point from each of them. The Fulham game people have a right to be pissed off at, but the City side under Pearce, for example, would have lost. Fact.

Re: Chelsea have a quality manager

Chelsea have a confident squad who have been playing together for years.

We have a squad that has barely played 10 games together along with injuries to key players.

scorer said:
Pigeonho said:
Fucking no we should NOT expect 3 points at Brum. What a stupid, arrogant and very Man United thing to say

How about Home to Fulham a team that was playing their third game in 8 days... is it arrogant to expect to beat a side like that?

To be honest, yes it is. Fulham are a good side and they showed it. Do you not realise EVERY team is out to stop us? We are NOT losing games many other teams would, and opposing teams are upping their game 10 fold against us, like Fulham and Brum today showed. We didn't lose those games though, we got a point from each of them. The Fulham game people have a right to be pissed off at, but the City side under Pearce, for example, would have lost. Fact.

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are S**t

CheesySmoker said:
fbloke said:
Here is MH's opinion

"In terms of performance level it was probably the poorest we've played for some time. I was expecting us to show more quality. Shay Given was outstanding and needed to be at times. We are a work in progress and I'm sure we'll have more days like this but we'll take it as positive that we've taken something from this game."

Work in progress, yeah heard that before.

More days like this - Looking forward to that.

Positive that we've take something from the game - ha ha ha ha ha ha Birmingham, 1 point

so do you enjoy supporting a club only to laugh at results, slag it off and turn fans against fans. do you even know what sport we are playing?

WTF are you on about?

I support City so (like most people on here) regularly laugh at our results. I dont slag off the club but what they have put up in terms of performance. What sport are we playing - according to your post BLIND FAITH RUNAROUND?

scorer said:
mad zab said:
The trouble is we all know you hate Hughes and if we had won 10 out of 10 you would still have something to moan about.

I am sure you where so happy we didn't win today!!

Whats your point....? just pissed off that what I've been saying since day one (that Hughes is tactically inept) is being proven? Never mind he'll soon be gone and you can remenice about the great performances, good times and glory days under Clueless when we won.... errr a few games.

Just like I said!! You are happier when we lose!!

Re: Chelsea have a quality manager

robbieh said:
and it is showing.

For a couple of years they have struggled even though thay had in my opinion the best squad of players.

At the beginning of the season it seemed fairly obvious that with one of world football´s best managers installed they would improve and so it came to pass.

City on the other hand have a very talented squad but an average manager and even if MH were to spend 400 million we will not win the league.

Take today as an example. He seems to think to win a game you just put more attacking players on. We finished with the three little guys up front as well as Petrov and Ireland and still we created little. Just like last week too many strikers and no-one to pass to them.

Complete BOLLOCKS

Individually Tevez, Bellamy and SWP had quite good games. But collectively we were poor.

That is down to the manager I am afraid. we have seen too many performances like this over the last season. Of course nothing will be done because Hughes is not a disastrous manager and he has bought some great players. But to win things you need quality off the field as well as on it.

fbloke said:
I started writing this with 10 minutes to go and my opinion wont change with the result.

City are awful and are going nowhere under Hughes.

There are simply no excuses any more.

The players apparently have the 'winning attitude' but have been made to look very poor over the last month.

Today they have shown the footballing world that the City disease still thrives and is doing well.

I have mostly kept my opinions on the team to myself and have tried to remain positive saying that they needed time, Hughes needed time but I fear that the very best opportunity that City will have of achieving a top 4 finish (other teams dropping lots of points) will go begging because the manager lacks imagination, tactical nouse and the ability to motivate.

I like MH in truth, he has handled the pressure of being Citys manager really well but the outcomes/outputs from his tenure so far have been far from significant.

We all started this season expecting a nervous time as we were likely to keep pace with the big boys but I ahve sat nervously as City 'HELD OUT' for a draw against Birmingham, only doing so after a penalty save.

We are in the top 4 because of a remarkably poor season from so many other teams, Liverpool, Everton, Villa and Spurs amongst them.

I really dont look forward to a game against another big team and I expect Arsenal to more than pay us back come the Carling Cup game.

What positives can you give me for the last months games?

We beat Scunnie, wow! But even they scored and caused us problems.

Come on people, shout at me, call me a dick, call me a rag do your best but please give me good REASONS for being wrong.

The whistle has just gone and the result 0 - 0 thanks to Shay.

How many decent chances did Brum have? Possibly 4. Ho many for City None.

Jeeeeeesus I need a drink after that shocker.

Villa - Draw
Wigan - Draw
Fulham- Draw
Birmingham - Draw

Apart from the Arsenal result we have beaten Blackburn, Wolves, West Ham and Pompey in the league. Top four, dont make me laugh.

You had that typed well before the end of the game. Over the top and dramatic.

Cheltblue said:
mad zab said:
The trouble is we all know you hate Hughes and if we had won 10 out of 10 you would still have something to moan about.

I am sure you where so happy we didn't win today!!

Yeh, cus every City fan who is not delighted with todays performance must be happy that we lost.

ffs!

Nope!! Just a select few who want to see Hughes fail, rather than City succeed!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.