Hughes tactically Naive?

Re: Shout At Me All You Like But We Are S**t

fbloke said:
I am glad to report that after 80+ responses and hundreds of reads all that has been said against my OP can be summed up by

a) Its not that bad were in 4th
b) Some name calling
c) Some more name calling
d) A bit more name calling
e) What do you expect, work in progress etc
f) Name calling
g) Your not a supporter unless you accept what they deliver

I stand by what I said.

If the current run of form were to continue for another month we will be nestled next to Liverpool.

But the manner in which we are playing is really worrying, they have lost any cohesion and seem to be playing LESS as a team than before.

Please feel free to give me something more than were in 4th thats fab (as its a false 4th in truth) or it will get better (cos as a City fan that doesnt wash anymore).

After close on £1/4 billion pounds has been spent on a team it is simply not good enough to say that we have had a bad month as we have failed to show any real sign of improvement.

Please, please, please explain why IM wrong.

Because we are in the top 4, when most City fans will be happy with a top 6 finish!!

The only 2 bad results have been today and Fulham at home. The draws at Wigan and Villa where good results.

Finally, it doesn't matter how much you spend, has we have no divine right to win games.

Re: Whoever slags us off....

mad zab said:
Mike D said:
Here here we are playing such top quality football right now and getting points against all these quality sides we've come up against recently. We don't need that lazy b*stard like Petrov of donkeys like Robinho. Lets all get behind Hughe he's the man.

That is the most upbeat post I have seen from you since last January!!

Can't you tell we are having some bad results lol

Im a Hughes and I’m loving the small club mentality that Hughes has inbred into club. We don’t need no fancy football f*ck the brazillian’s we need more like of that headless chicken type players right now.

Re: Why are some acting like a bunch of spoilt rich kids???

The reason why some of us act like 'spoilt rich kids' as you put it (or expect to win games like Fulham and Brum as others put it) is because, in case you haven't noticed, we are very, very rich sooo...acting like we didn't have two pennies to rub together and with our arses hanging out of our trousers would I think be grossly insulting to the genuine have nots that make up most of the football league.

Personaly I think we should be commended for embracing our newfound wealth so heartily and with zero shame

Pip pip

Yes you're right he is naive,we lost today because our tactics were wrong,oh sorry no we didnt lose today we went 4th in the premiership after only losing once this season and being in the qtr final of the league cup.

Some people are saying we only got a point today because of Given,well it was Hughes that signed Given,recognising that we needed an experienced keeper.

Not one of the pundits/experts expected City to be where we are at the moment.They all expected it to take quite a while for the new squad to gel but here we are 4th in the league with a game in hand.
It seems the only people naive enough to expect us to be winning every game against any team that hasnt spent a lot of money are surprise ,surprise "City fans".
FFS

We were poor and the main reason being lack of that 'winning mentality'. Theres no committment or confidence/arrogance. We played very well against manure and arse but should have beat wigan, villa, fulham, brum. I know people will say we didn't lose and we got a point from each game more than last year etc but this is 8 points dropped and that could cost us dearly. With the money that has been spent we must get something back or the plug will be pulled-it is not sensible business. Where would we be now with them 8 points? or even half of them!

Re: We are throwing away a huge opportunity

Ireland, Johnson, Petrov, Weiss, Silvinho on the bench. Adebayor and Toure not fit. Robinho neither. This is one hell of a squad . Liverpool can´t compete squad wise.

The teams we have been drawing with are operating comparitively on a shoe string. When are people going to realise football is about the manager.

We are missing an opportunity here. United and Liverpool will not be this bad forever.

That is why it is frustrating.

Re: Roque Santa Cruz

lastmanback said:
Mike D said:
Have to say this guy really is Hughes jewal in the crown a class act. Showed against the mighty Scunthorpe and today how good he really is. We don't need those fancy footwork Brazilians playing all that beautiful game give stuff. We need players like Roque to show us the way. Thanks Sparkey signing such a class player 18mil is looking an steal an absolute Big Fat Sam must be gutted about losing him
and you are a right diamond supporter, class act. back under your rock
till our next defeat, saddo

Hello we didn't get beat today, and I'm just giving the poor guy some praise get off your soap box

fbloke said:
I started writing this with 10 minutes to go and my opinion wont change with the result.

City are awful and are going nowhere under Hughes.

There are simply no excuses any more.

The players apparently have the 'winning attitude' but have been made to look very poor over the last month.

Today they have shown the footballing world that the City disease still thrives and is doing well.

I have mostly kept my opinions on the team to myself and have tried to remain positive saying that they needed time, Hughes needed time but I fear that the very best opportunity that City will have of achieving a top 4 finish (other teams dropping lots of points) will go begging because the manager lacks imagination, tactical nouse and the ability to motivate.

I like MH in truth, he has handled the pressure of being Citys manager really well but the outcomes/outputs from his tenure so far have been far from significant.

We all started this season expecting a nervous time as we were likely to keep pace with the big boys but I ahve sat nervously as City 'HELD OUT' for a draw against Birmingham, only doing so after a penalty save.

We are in the top 4 because of a remarkably poor season from so many other teams, Liverpool, Everton, Villa and Spurs amongst them.

I really dont look forward to a game against another big team and I expect Arsenal to more than pay us back come the Carling Cup game.

What positives can you give me for the last months games?

We beat Scunnie, wow! But even they scored and caused us problems.

Come on people, shout at me, call me a dick, call me a rag do your best but please give me good REASONS for being wrong.

The whistle has just gone and the result 0 - 0 thanks to Shay.

How many decent chances did Brum have? Possibly 4. Ho many for City None.

Jeeeeeesus I need a drink after that shocker.

Villa - Draw
Wigan - Draw
Fulham- Draw
Birmingham - Draw

Apart from the Arsenal result we have beaten Blackburn, Wolves, West Ham and Pompey in the league. Top four, dont make me laugh.

It is a piss of piece to pull your argument apart.

Villa - Draw > Lost
Wigan - Draw > Lost
Fulham - Draw > Lost
Birmingham - Draw > Lost

Last year 0, null, zero, points. This year 4. 4>0. Argument ends.
No name calling, no hysterics, just simple facts.
Maybe we are not improving fast enough for you, but hey, throw your caps on the table and we will listen.

Re: Tevez not good enough

Since the start of the season we've not really had a settled side, an injury to Robinho early on meant we had to change things about, just as we started to look sharp we beat Arsenal 4-2 (Highlight of the season) then Adebayor gets suspended and misses 3 games so we have to change things again. I don't think Hughes knows his best line up and until everyone is available neither will we. Tevez has been playing in a few different systems and hardly ever the same one consecutively, he's also constantly got his knee bandaged thanks to international duty, he also didn't have any sort of pre season. He's a fantastic player and played some lovely passes into SWP today behind the defence. Yes there is more to come from him but to say he's not good enough is ludicrous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.