Hughes tactically Naive?

citoeast said:
Update post Birmingham

I repeat Mark Hughes cannot set up the team, motivate the team and clearly is tactically naive, we are going backwards not forward.

All those who hurled abuse at me when I first posted this OPEN YOUR EYES, R U BLIND.

Nice Guy Hughes, but I think he has serious flaws, despite the multitude of good things he has done, in critical areas as stated above. Unfortunately these areas make the difference between a good manager and a winning manager (A Top Notcher).

It is winning that ultimately matters, not the art of good excuses.
=======================================================================

Updated post Fulham defeat (ok draw but feels like a defeat) on Page 11.

Hughes praised our performance while yet again rubbishing last years players/team. It was a sign we were top 4 material, apparently.

Get a grip, this is Hughes doing a Fergie by distracting attention away from a dreadful performance. That is the managers' performance.

Martinez outsmarted Hughes second half, who could not respond, seemingly not up to the tactical challegne.

We let in a pathetic goal, Richards fault. We have a defence as leaky as a sieve. injuryies no excuse with our resources and anyway was leaky when at full strength. A leaky defence is not top 4 material.

The sending off just hid the fact that Wigan (new players galore just gelling) took over the game second half (clearly shown by the stats up until the sending off), despite our early goal reposte.

We had our ass kicked by an inferior team, and were lucky, very lucky to get a draw and Hughes celebrates this, pathetic.

Hughes should have taken Zabableta off earlier, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Hughes should have made tactical changes and substitues earlier.

I am not saying he definitively is not up to the task, because in every box other than tactical, I rate him very highly, but the questions over his tactical ability, and therefore ability to win major honours, remain.

I think this serious weakness will be exposed in the coming Cup matches (No not Scunthorpe) and second half of the season, we will get dumped out of both Cups when up against decent opposition, imho, given Hughes lack of tactical nous.

Who evaluates the manager for Khaldoon Al Mubarak?

Whats the matter is Citymancs too quiet for you?

You are just clueless when it comes to football, and this is why you right essays, when a few words will do. I guess if we still had Dunney we would be top of the league.

Re: Tevez not good enough

TheMightyQuinn said:
Check this guys posting history.

He manages to get a dig in at Tevez in any thread he posts.

For the record, I've been critical of Tevez but today his passing was the one highlight of a turgid game.

Just a shame his finishing doesn't match. But scrapped for the ball and won it very well on occasion as well as slipping SWP in a couple of times

MonacoCityFan said:
I am sorry that i made a lot of people angry by saying that Bojinov is better than Tevez.... i am not a rag and i with City to succeed... but to anyone who ofeended me for my opinion which i said without any bad words i will say "FOK OFF MIDGET"

So half the people you are saying that to are probably bigger than you, but you still call them a 'midget', clown. You French really are a weird, random race.

Now I see you have edited it to 'muppet'. Just go and have a lie down mate and see what a tit you have made and are making of yourself.

MonacoCityFan said:
After 11 games this season its obvios that Tevez is not good enough .Tevez had success with the rags because he had so many great players around him who made for him numberless goalscoring oportunites from which he scored . Playing for us Tevez has been find out.
Lets bring back The Bojinator , he have great season with Parma brigning him after promoting from seria B to 4place in Seria A ....scoring 1 from 3 not 1 from 20 like tevez . Bring back Bojinov the Bull and play him afcourse

COCK

Re: Chelsea have a quality manager

robbieh said:
and it is showing.

For a couple of years they have struggled even though thay had in my opinion the best squad of players.

At the beginning of the season it seemed fairly obvious that with one of world football´s best managers installed they would improve and so it came to pass.

City on the other hand have a very talented squad but an average manager and even if MH were to spend 400 million we will not win the league.

Take today as an example. He seems to think to win a game you just put more attacking players on. We finished with the three little guys up front as well as Petrov and Ireland and still we created little. Just like last week too many strikers and no-one to pass to them.

Individually Tevez, Bellamy and SWP had quite good games. But collectively we were poor.

That is down to the manager I am afraid. we have seen too many performances like this over the last season. Of course nothing will be done because Hughes is not a disastrous manager and he has bought some great players. But to win things you need quality off the field as well as on it.

im a fan of hughes, and think he is a good manager ...... but if somebody said guus hidink will be our manager i wouldnt be too upset .....

The Fat el Hombre said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Check this guys posting history.

He manages to get a dig in at Tevez in any thread he posts.

For the record, I've been critical of Tevez but today his passing was the one highlight of a turgid game.

Just a shame his finishing doesn't match. But scrapped for the ball and won it very well on occasion as well as slipping SWP in a couple of times

He's not a great finisher and every joke re his first touch is absolutely founded in truth. I've never been a fan but willing to give him time now he's one of us to win me over. His passing today was fantastic, some really good balls played in, some came off, others didn't.

As for slipping in SWP...I would say it's pointless but the constant negativity is killing me.

MonacoCityFan said:
I am sorry that i made a lot of people angry by saying that Bojinov is better than Tevez.... i am not a rag and i with City to succeed... but to anyone who ofeended me for my opinion which i said without any bad words i will say "FOK OFF MUPPEt"

Too many onions lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.