Hughes..the reality

I don't think the majority of us really know what Hughes is like and whether he's top management material, but there are some positive signs.

We've only had one window of ADUGs money and that was the notoriously difficult January window - eg Blackburn in trouble in the league simply didn't want to sell RSC and so stuck a silly price tag on him.

Since the first Jan signing we've got 25 points in 16 games (and the second half of the season was supposed to be tougher with away games at 5 of the top 6). Over a season that would give us 59/60 points - competing with Villa and Everton for 5th/6th. (And if you take our from since Xmas day we'd be ahead of Villa).

So, with some good, but not great, additions we've shown the kind of form that would easily get us into Europe.

I'm not pro or anti-hughes (I would say that if those in the club who make decisions think he's worth another season then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as another "transitional/start again" inevitably has negative elements as well as positive no matter how good the manager), but just thought some of the posts implied things were getting worse when the facts suggest we are playing better.

blueonblue said:
In fact Hughes was at it after less than three months at the club, never mind ten, this blew up with him ranting and raving at some of the younger players, and being told he was out of order and talking through his ar*e.
Soulboy beat me to it on the stabillity and time factor that you want for clueless but ignore for anyone else, besides the accademy being far from the flop Hughes is, did I see you asking for Jo to be given time to settle in?, or maybe because he went under a decent manager and did exactly what numpty said he could not has effected your memory.

The very fact you have such a low opinion of the players who have come through the youth system, together with your pathalogical defence of clueless marks you out as not worth arguing with.

id like to know how u know so much about the flare ups and about hughes being a noob to the younger players, for one thing it would help validate your claims....otherwise were all gonna dismiss you out of hand.

at the end of the day i cant see hughes flareing up at a younger player if there wasnt a reason...young players these days come with an ego, fueled by the money they get early from an early age....so if one of the little shits steps out of line id applaud hughes for knocking them down a peg or two!

Rammy Blue said:
Chippy said:
JohnMaddocksAxe, you are wasted on here. Very well written and intelligent post.

absolutely correct; maybe we will see more of JMA once we, as the fans, have stopped being so divided ie when Hughes has gone.

maybe someone should forward on his postings to Khaldoon to hurry things up.......

What a good idea!! As again today Hughes is asking for more credit, for what he has achieved this season, given the squad he inherited from Sven, which lacked quality and strenth?? If we have improved we need to finish top six.

Rammy Blue said:
Chippy said:
JohnMaddocksAxe, you are wasted on here. Very well written and intelligent post.

absolutely correct; maybe we will see more of JMA once we, as the fans, have stopped being so divided ie when Hughes has gone.

maybe someone should forward on his postings to Khaldoon to hurry things up.......

Compared to Toxin's regime I feel a hell of a lot happier with our current owners, and the professionalism with which they appear to operate and manage their affairs and how they are approaching business.

I would however be extremely concerned if they looked towards the fans or BM for advice and guidance on what to do with Manchester City, unless it was for something like determining whether to change the badge or playing kit.

I'd be very surprised if they and their management team (consultants that are not actually within the club but nevertheless work for ADUG) have not already addressed contingency plans regarding our present manager (Hughes) and possibly other aspects and people involved in our administration.

There are other questions that perturb me, but which we've already covered on other threads. Whatever is going to happen is going down irrespective of what we think.

My biggest worry is that ADUG may not have the best perspective and objectives on what is readily attainable and what they should lay down in seeking to create a footballing dynasty and a club that people the world over could fall in love with.

Just worked out some stats thanks to MCFC Stats and the results are quite surprising:

Taking only the managers that have managed us in the Premiership (and their Prem results) currently the most successful in terms of points per game is Sven, with 1.45. Second is Hughes (1.28) followed by Reid (1.26) then Keegan (1.22). If we win our last two games then he will be much closer to Sven with something like 1.39 points per game. If he stays next season then he will presumably soon become our most successful manager in the Premiership in terms of points per game.

In terms of win percentages then again it's Eriksson (39.47%) currently followed by Hughes (38.89%) but Hughes will equal Sven if we win just one of our last two games and pass him if we win both.

In terms of goals per game then it's Hughes (1.56) by a country mile from Keegan (1.30).

Is there any truth in the supposition that Sven would have won more points if they had not decided to down tools in protest at Sven's treatment by Thaksin?

I'm no ITK but have heard it said many times our poor second half was due to the players reaction to Sven's sacking rather than anything Sven was lacking.

MCFCinUSA said:
Rammy Blue said:
Chippy said:

Compared to Toxin's regime I feel a hell of a lot happier with our current owners, and the professionalism with which they appear to operate and manage their affairs and how they are approaching business.

I would however be extremely concerned if they looked towards the fans or BM for advice and guidance on what to do with Manchester City, unless it was for something like determining whether to change the badge or playing kit.

I'd be very surprised if they and their management team (consultants that are not actually within the club but nevertheless work for ADUG) have not already addressed contingency plans regarding our present manager (Hughes) and possibly other aspects and people involved in our administration.

There are other questions that perturb me, but which we've already covered on other threads. Whatever is going to happen is going down irrespective of what we think.

My biggest worry is that ADUG may not have the best perspective and objectives on what is readily attainable and what they should lay down in seeking to create a footballing dynasty and a club that people the world over could fall in love with.

I fear they are continually being fed self-serving BS by and on behalf of Hughes, Cook &c.

Eddie said:
Is there any truth in the supposition that Sven would have won more points if they had not decided to down tools in protest at Sven's treatment by Thaksin?

I'm no ITK but have heard it said many times our poor second half was due to the players reaction to Sven's sacking rather than anything Sven was lacking.

I think that's a fair comment, but how you can adjust statistics to compensate for the players downing tools (which culminated with the climax at Middlesbore) and the dissatisfaction with Toxin?

Although I agree with you in part, you can't really cherry-pick if you're going to use stats as it sort of gives credence to the well known triumvirate of 'lies, damned lies, and statistics'.

I would say that I don't regard pure statistics on their own as a good qualifier of this argument.. when Hull came into the Premiership and won their first match against Fulham on the opening day of the season, they were the only club present to have a 100% record... etc etc.

JMA, far from being wasted you are a poster who makes good valid and well thought out points, and should reconsider staying an ignoring the few idiots, the forum will be a poorer place without you.

"Clearly you are being fed verbal bile from some no-mark in the academy who doesn't like being told that we need better than they're delivering".............No pal, you are sucking up the guff than clueless, would have the first idea of developing young players, when the truth is this started with him having to be corrected on quite basic football facts, and the only no mark is currently displaying he`s clueless with the first team .

Bluebeer.........where I get my information and its validity is my concern, not yours, I am satisfied that its a fair reflection of whats happening in my club, but you dismiss it by all means,

As a general guild to the attitude on the lads moving from the youth team, they are well rounded and know they are there to learn, and a credit to Jim Cassell and staff who wont tolarate ego`s and silliness, this was not a case ( or cases) of a player getting cocky, but being asked to do things that were never going to work and then getting ranted at and told they were to blame for doing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.