Hughes..the reality

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just worked out some stats thanks to MCFC Stats and the results are quite surprising:

Taking only the managers that have managed us in the Premiership (and their Prem results) currently the most successful in terms of points per game is Sven, with 1.45. Second is Hughes (1.28) followed by Reid (1.26) then Keegan (1.22). If we win our last two games then he will be much closer to Sven with something like 1.39 points per game. If he stays next season then he will presumably soon become our most successful manager in the Premiership in terms of points per game.

In terms of win percentages then again it's Eriksson (39.47%) currently followed by Hughes (38.89%) but Hughes will equal Sven if we win just one of our last two games and pass him if we win both.

In terms of goals per game then it's Hughes (1.56) by a country mile from Keegan (1.30).

maybe you should also factor in the amount of money spent on players during their tenure......

Rammy Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just worked out some stats thanks to MCFC Stats and the results are quite surprising:

Taking only the managers that have managed us in the Premiership (and their Prem results) currently the most successful in terms of points per game is Sven, with 1.45. Second is Hughes (1.28) followed by Reid (1.26) then Keegan (1.22). If we win our last two games then he will be much closer to Sven with something like 1.39 points per game. If he stays next season then he will presumably soon become our most successful manager in the Premiership in terms of points per game.

In terms of win percentages then again it's Eriksson (39.47%) currently followed by Hughes (38.89%) but Hughes will equal Sven if we win just one of our last two games and pass him if we win both.

In terms of goals per game then it's Hughes (1.56) by a country mile from Keegan (1.30).

maybe you should also factor in the amount of money spent on players during their tenure......
Absolutely right. The fact that that MH is 0.17 points below SGE despite new players for £110 million is astonishing.

Rammy Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Maybe you should just look at the figures.

If spending money was a factor then Spurs & Newcastle would be pushing the top 4. I just did the figures and would have posted them however they came out.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Maybe you should just look at the figures.

If spending money was a factor then Spurs & Newcastle would be pushing the top 4. I just did the figures and would have posted them however they came out.

my point PB, and not too tricky a point, is that Sven is ahead of Hughes on wins and points percentages yet Hughes has added over £100mil of talent to the squad Sven had....

i didn't rate sven personally, always said he was a bluffer, but fuck me compared to Hughes he was a magician.

Prestwich_Blue said:
DINKYDALTON said:
blueonblue said:
The Accademy has been running since the sixties, and prior to Jim Cassell was run by Dave Uwining, it was restructured in 1998 but only to bring together the younger element at platt lane, and most of the staff remain, as does the system.

As for the rest of your drivel, its answered by most people in football ranking it as the best in the country, as opposed to you, who knows better because?

There's a valid question here. How many players have we produced, SWP, Micah, Jonno, Sturridge, Ireland and Evans, ok, but we will never know how good they are until have a squad/team that is so strong that they aren't first, or even 2nd choices as it stands right now. Thats why I'm certain Hughes is a *ucking car crash and please stop going on about sacking managers to early, name one manager who has left City in the last 60 years who went on to win anything elsewhere? You can't. City's problem is the quality of manager we have appointed, even Sven was past his sell by date, we are now have funding that puts City in a unique position, which throws out all the normal procedures for building a team and achieving success. I have not seen anything on the pitch, nor any arguement, or facts to support the continued tenure of Hughless. O'Neil has more promise and has won more, Moyes has performed better, but even these would be none starters when with either, Rijkaard, Jose, Mancinin, or Hiddink, can takeover, with superior records from virtually the same length of time in management and attract the quality of players we need without playing European football next season. With the right manager City can go out and buy 12 players who with what we have got that will see us breaking the top four next season, not in 4 *ucking years.

Croft & Flood looked good when they first came into the first team so it's too early to say whether Sturridge and Evans will make it. I doubt either will be here next season. However you do have a point that the academy players will have to be that much better in the future to break through. Which is why they won't unless we change the way things are done. No one can rest on their laurels and while I fully agree that the academy has done a good job for us while we were skint, we need to up our game if there's going ot be a home-grown players rule.

But to say O'Neill would do a better job than Hughes is laughable. 2 wins since the end of January? Even Pearce did better than that.

Where are Villa in the league, how much have they spent?

allblues09 said:
JMA,
Here is the issue I have with your eloquent and extremely L-O-N-G post, why do you define this season as being unsuccessful?

Considering the lack of continuity, the lack of form of the club for half a year prior to Hughes coming in, the lack of discipline prior to Hughes coming and the lack of professional training prior to Hughes represented a major obstacle to 'success' this year. Each of those issues coupled with playing in Europe in July and the number of injuries we have had with a limited squad; yet, we are still in the running for 7th.

You state that we should do better, but it takes time for teams to gel, and in the last couple of months we have shown much better form and are starting to look like a team (as opposed to a group of individuals).

Clearly, when Hughes came in he changed everything at the club (more than the culture). We play a completely different style, we train in a different style, etc. It takes time for players to adjust to so many changes. Moreover, as you said we brought in many players, many of whom were not EPL tested. It takes time for players to settle (which is not a trait limited to City, it occurs at every club with the majority of players).

As for the stories in the press. There may be some truth to what you say, but I believe you are giving too much credence to the press. Some (I would say lots) of stories seem to be sensational and not believable. Cook and Hughes has said that there are elements attempting to derail what is occurring at City. Perhaps they has a point (and no I do not mean a conspiracy). I mean that some of the less reputable journalist will get hold of a rumor and manifest it into a FACT embellished with sensational additions (which may or may not be true), and attribute the information to "a source close to..." or with the key phrase "apparently." When I see these type of lead-in's I stop reading as it is generally inaccurate and gauged to selling paper (not necessarily reporting the truth).

With that said, of course you are free to believe whatever you feel is correct.

Oh, on a side note, do you not think that Phil Brown and his embarrassing actions at City and then again after the Arsenal game are much more embarrassing than 'Baconface.'

Phil brown is in his first season in the premiership with Hull, we get twice the crowd and have spent more in one season than they have in 30.

allblues09 said:
blueonblue said:
so why are the "Bitter and disgruntaled"?, because they disagree with you and see Hughes as an idiot without a clue on even the most basic level.........backed up by the way with the evidence of some of his own decisions this season.

It goes far deeper than the accademy staff, from tea ladies to ground staff, players and ex players alike dont think much of him, and if you care to look around the support is split only because of wanting stabillity rather than just clueless.

Ha. IS that something you have manifested in you head and is now the truth?

Because I do not believe one word of that.

Do you have any proof (and no, what you called evidence is nothing but conjecture), or does it just fit nicely to back-up your argument?

Not a very god attempt.

Ok explain in detail how Hughless is a better manager than, Jose, Rijkaard, or Mancinni, considering they have all been in management for the same time?

Prestwich_Blue said:
blueonblue said:
In fact Hughes was at it after less than three months at the club, never mind ten, this blew up with him ranting and raving at some of the younger players, and being told he was out of order and talking through his ar*e.

Soulboy beat me to it on the stabillity and time factor that you want for clueless but ignore for anyone else, besides the accademy being far from the flop Hughes is, did I see you asking for Jo to be given time to settle in?, or maybe because he went under a decent manager and did exactly what numpty said he could not has effected your memory.

The very fact you have such a low opinion of the players who have come through the youth system, together with your pathalogical defence of clueless marks you out as not worth arguing with.
You use the word Clueless to describe the manager. Takes one to know one.

Clearly you are being fed verbal bile from some no-mark in the academy who doesn't like being told that we need better than they're delivering. Stop going on like some parrot that repeats words that it's been taught but doesn't understand.

Ireland was drifting last season until he took matters into his own hands in the summer then started playing under a manager that he has publicly stated he enjoys working under. Richards we know has talent but maybe is lacking a bit of mental application like Ireland last season. Onuoha has done really well since he's come back into the side but he wasn't quite so admired over the last couple of seasons. Evans looks Championship quality at best. Sturridge has shown some glimpses but all academy lads have at some point. Johnson can certainly do it when he wants and was a large part of last season's early success. Soem ofthem are clearly good players and have been able to step up to the mark.

Your evident hatred for Hughes, obviously fed by your source, completely renders your opinion invalid in my view. I don't really care whether he stays or goes to be honest but in my opinion I've seen enough to give him one more season. And if someone else comes in and tells Cassell that things need to change, will you believe it then or will you still be indignant that a system that produced the likes of Lee Croft, Ishmael Miller, BWP & Willo Flood should ever be questioned?

Instead of bleating like a sheep making and supporting excuses for Hughless, please explain in detail why Hughes is a better manager than, Jose, Rijkaard, or Mancinni?

Rammy Blue - agree with you about Sven (although I'd have given him another season as you simply can't judge on one season) but the point is that at the end of this season, Hughes will at least catch him in win % and may overtake him and early next season (if he's still here) will overtake him in points per game. So by 10 games in next season, Hughes could actually be our most successful Premiership manager.

DinkyDalton - Villa have spent around £100m in the last 3 seasons but in O'Neill's first season they were 11th with 50 points and the next they were 6th with 60 points. I would certainly expect Hughes to do something similar to O'Neill in his second season if not slightly better. Interestingly Villa are currently 5th with 58 and so might end up no better off than last season even though they really should have been comfortably in 4th place if it hadn't been for their disastrous run since January.

MCFCinUSA said:
Rammy Blue said:
Chippy said:
JohnMaddocksAxe, you are wasted on here. Very well written and intelligent post.

absolutely correct; maybe we will see more of JMA once we, as the fans, have stopped being so divided ie when Hughes has gone.

maybe someone should forward on his postings to Khaldoon to hurry things up.......

Compared to Toxin's regime I feel a hell of a lot happier with our current owners, and the professionalism with which they appear to operate and manage their affairs and how they are approaching business.

I would however be extremely concerned if they looked towards the fans or BM for advice and guidance on what to do with Manchester City, unless it was for something like determining whether to change the badge or playing kit.

I'd be very surprised if they and their management team (consultants that are not actually within the club but nevertheless work for ADUG) have not already addressed contingency plans regarding our present manager (Hughes) and possibly other aspects and people involved in our administration.

There are other questions that perturb me, but which we've already covered on other threads. Whatever is going to happen is going down irrespective of what we think.

My biggest worry is that ADUG may not have the best perspective and objectives on what is readily attainable and what they should lay down in seeking to create a footballing dynasty and a club that people the world over could fall in love with.

Our situation is unique, you post sounds very defeatist, almost as if you want this all to fail. ADUG know one thing they are able to outbid everyone, but to really take off we need champions league football. The sooner we are a regular in that then it won't just be a case of us out bidding everyone we also have the ego's and ambition boxes well and truly covered. Getting to the top 4 is a must and 100% achievable next season if we buy quality and plenty of it and appoint a better manager than Hughless. Excuhges, is advocating a slow 4 year process, no doubt allowing him to extend his contract (and therefore get a bigger pay off), over the summer and dumb down expectations. Why 4 years? Every year outside the top 4 means more over the odds transfers, because the man that puts buying bellend above signing Kaka is a twat, as he would also be if he was on a golf course rather than manning the phones. This summer should be all about qualifying for the champions league next season anything below that is failure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.