HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

Giving MH a new contract now doesn't change how the press will view him. In fact the only person who benefits is Hughes. So why would they offer a new contract? It is a personal sign to hughes in an attempt to raise his moral. The only reason you would do this is if he was showing signs of pressure which in my view he is. His body language for a long time has looked like a man under pressure and I guess the owners felt the need to give him a confidence boost. I haven't seen anything official about this and until I do I will take it with a pinch of salt. However, If it is true I see it as a bad sign.

TravisBickle said:
Hughes is the man to take us forward without doubt. I can't believe the stick he gets on here, this team is by far and away the best we've ever had and will get better, now the defence finally looks settled watch us fly. It would have been much much worse under Sven this season, the guy is the most overrated manager in the world and I was glad we got rid
This team is the best we've ever had, and still results were better last season. Yes, they were. We got 55 points and will most probably get less than that this season. Facts remain: Sven got better results from a much weaker squad.

barney8 said:
TravisBickle said:
Hughes is the man to take us forward without doubt. I can't believe the stick he gets on here, this team is by far and away the best we've ever had and will get better, now the defence finally looks settled watch us fly. It would have been much much worse under Sven this season, the guy is the most overrated manager in the world and I was glad we got rid
This team is the best we've ever had, and still results were better last season. Yes, they were. We got 55 points and will most probably get less than that this season. Facts remain: Sven got better results from a much weaker squad.

Sven also had Petrov. One of the major contributors of the early points tally.
I really think that not having Petrov has been a big factor this season.

A new contract would have little to do with current on field performances and more to do with the dynamics of our club and the way we are viewed by people in the footballing world.

Theres nothing bad that can come of it, other than perhaps a bigger compensation package should we do a U Turn on everything the club has said since being taken over by ADUG.

Ducado said:
lionheart said:
TravisBickle said:
Hughes is the man to take us forward without doubt. I can't believe the stick he gets on here, this team is by far and away the best we've ever had and will get better, now the defence finally looks settled watch us fly.
If only you were right but it seems very unlikely to me. I honestly cannot see Hughes EVER winning us a trophy or getting us higher than 5-6th in the Premiership. We need somebody whop can motivate the players, not only on the training field but also from the technical area during matches. If we had David Moyse or Martin O'Neill, we would most likely have been in the Top Six and in the QFs of both domestic cup competitions. Mark Hughes is no mug but we could do better.

To be fair Lionheart you can never see City winning any match, so nothing new in what you say, I guess your never disappointed when we lose eh?

Nope. He never has anything positive to say about City, ever. 100% negativity. Almost as bad as scorer (almost)

barney8 said:
TravisBickle said:

Liverpool are 12 points worse off than last season, Arsenal are a similar number of points lower than the same time last year. The fact is that a comparison on points is largely irrelevant, the league has been a lot closern and tougher this season. There is no Derby for instance giving every team 6 points and massively adrift.

Everyone knows that we are a far better team than last season, you can see by the way we are playing and by the vast number of goals we have been scoring as against last seasons drab 1-0 wins. Since the inclusion of the new signings our form is top 5 and that is without them having had time to bed into the team properly.

If true - I am pleased with the offer of a new contract to Hughes.

I would ask this of the Hughes haters......if the board do offer him a new long term contract that he signs - this will obviously have the support of Sheikh Mansour - will the Hughes haters stop harping on, back the judgement of our owners and focus on supporting the club, or will you continue to fight against the wishes of our owners ?

Just curious because sure as night follows day the chances of attracting any world class manager will be gone without the investment from Abu Dhabi and if you can't support our owners decisions then in essence you don't want our owners either and lets face it Mourinho for example wouldn't come to us without money to spend and it is unlikely that Mourinho managing West Brom would see them get into the top six (which is kind ofhow we would be without Sheikh Mansour)

Therefore I suggestthe Hughes haters just concentrate on supportng the club and enjoy the ride and instead of focusing on our manager focus on the exciting journey we are on to becoming a top four club and trophy winners. Who knows it could happen this season with the UEFA Cup ! Istanbul, Istanbul we are coming.......

mammutly said:

Well, a fair few people on here have suggested that it might just be to shut the press up. Sad, but true, many journalists are not the total idiots that a lot of people like to believe they are.

Oh believe me they are![/quote]

That is funny, they are lazy also :) <not applied to any that are on this site though>

Havent read all comments but I think this is good news for us as a club... we need a manager to get time to do whats necessary for the club and even if we have had some dodgy results this season I still feel its good to have a manager to stay with us for a couple of years... and be able to build something great... and i think Hughes has all we need to get things in right direction and build some awesome team... he needs some coaches that are better tho but as a manager he is spot on...

Blue Mooner said:
Liverpool are 12 points worse off than last season, Arsenal are a similar number of points lower than the same time last year. The fact is that a comparison on points is largely irrelevant, the league has been a lot closern and tougher this season. There is no Derby for instance giving every team 6 points and massively adrift.

Everyone knows that we are a far better team than last season, you can see by the way we are playing and by the vast number of goals we have been scoring as against last seasons drab 1-0 wins. Since the inclusion of the new signings our form is top 5 and that is without them having had time to bed into the team properly.

If true - I am pleased with the offer of a new contract to Hughes.

I would ask this of the Hughes haters......if the board do offer him a new long term contract that he signs - this will obviously have the support of Sheikh Mansour - will the Hughes haters stop harping on, back the judgement of our owners and focus on supporting the club, or will you continue to fight against the wishes of our owners ?

Just curious because sure as night follows day the chances of attracting any world class manager will be gone without the investment from Abu Dhabi and if you can't support our owners decisions then in essence you don't want our owners either and lets face it Mourinho for example wouldn't come to us without money to spend and it is unlikely that Mourinho managing West Brom would see them get into the top six (which is kind ofhow we would be without Sheikh Mansour)

Therefore I suggestthe Hughes haters just concentrate on supportng the club and enjoy the ride and instead of focusing on our manager focus on the exciting journey we are on to becoming a top four club and trophy winners. Who knows it could happen this season with the UEFA Cup ! Istanbul, Istanbul we are coming.......

Plus £100m+ of players coming in. Whatever way you try to dress it up the season has been utter utter shite. I can count on one hand the number of times we've played well in the last 3/4 months yet one victory and everyone thinks Hughes should be given the key to the City. Average manager destined for averageness unless someone gives him a blank cheque book, seems Hughes is in the right job after all. If he gets a new contract I'll be disgusted, he's done absolutely nothing to deserve it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.