HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

Think what people have to remember is that contracts are not worth the piece of paper they are wrote on, if Hughes signs a 10 year one, that does not mean to say after 2 years he will still be here for the next 8 if our owners do not think we have achieved their ambitions by a certain time scale. Scolari signed a 3 year contract yet he was sacked after 6 months, obviously Chelski payed him huge compensation which is what we would do if it came to that situation.

Personally I think Hughes will get it right & we will all hopefully warm to him eventually.
However until he gets results on a consistent basis (i.e. home and away) the detractors will remain.
It has to be remembered that after 7 months he still has only netted 1 league away win so the Hughes doubters are justified in their argument.

lionheart said:
moomba said:
Shooter 83 said:
moomba said:
Doubt it's true, would struggle to see the logic behind it if it was true.

You would wouldnt you. You couldnt understand why city was signing Bellamy and said your ST was goin in the bin as soon as he put the shirt on and look where that got you.

I'll put aside the obsession you have with me and my choices on my season ticket to ask the question, where exactly has it got me?
It has got you to the position where everybody knows that you are a two-faced tosser...unless you did throw away your season ticket, which I very much doubt. As for this current topic, Michael Johnson signed a new contract recently. Does that mean he will also be staying?

Two faced tosser is a bit harsh, but in all honesty, moomba, where it gets you is that you set yourself up for a laugh against you, and that's what's happening; get over it, it happens to us all; you sound much too defensive about it; just hold your hands up and admit you were wrong for once. ;0)

Rösler's Dad said:
Two faced tosser is a bit harsh, but in all honesty, moomba, where it gets you is that you set yourself up for a laugh against you, and that's what's happening; get over it, it happens to us all; you sound much too defensive about it; just hold your hands up and admit you were wrong for once. ;0)

Moomba = Clive Tyldesley. That is all

As far as I can remember Moomba didn't want Bellamy due to his bad off field persona that seems to have followed him from club to club and not his on field game, which so far has been exellent.

Sadly when you say he's got it wrong that might be true FOR NOW and fingers crossed for the future, as I'd rather Moomba be wrong than City have another negative headline.

I only thought that Moomba was trying to protect City and theres nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Petetheblu said:
As far as I can remember Moomba didn't want Bellamy due to his bad off field persona that seems to have followed him from club to club and not his on field game, which so far has been exellent.

Sadly when you say he's got it wrong that might be true FOR NOW and fingers crossed for the future, as I'd rather Moomba be wrong than City have another negative headline.

I only thought that Moomba was trying to protect City and theres nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

I'd go with that, and I like moomba's posts, he always argues his case, but he'd do better to accept the laugh against himself on this one, and join it, rather than be so defensive about it: imo, of course!

The OP does indeed know what he's talking about.

Looks like Hughes is getting a new contract.

Which means he's going nowhere this summer.

Interesting.

The only thing I can say is that at least this will finish any uncertainty over his future and means we can focus on which players will be coming in, in the summer, rather than which manager will be.

There's going to be some very unhappy people on this board when it's announced.

BillyShears said:

Interesting.

The only thing I can say is that at least this will finish any uncertainty over his future and means we can focus on which players will be coming in, in the summer, rather than which manager will be.

I'd say 'very unhappy' is putting it mildly - 'fucking livid' or 'suicidal' would be a better description - lol

mr t said:
BillyShears said:

Interesting.

I'd say 'very unhappy' is putting it mildly - 'fucking livid' or 'suicidal' would be a better description - lol

Ha! I was actually going to post that there's going to be mass suicides on bluemoon when the news becomes official, but I thought that would've been a bit harsh...

If nothing else, this will show that our owners are clearly going to do things their own way. They are patient, far more patient than nearly all of us on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.