HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

Did you see City v Villa on Wednesday? What about the build-ups to both goals?

Not yet clear what "normal service" is, as City are the model of inconsistency, but I think the majority of City supporters accept that a team is not built overnight.

There are reasons why City struggle away from home, and they relate to trying to be too ambitious in my view - i.e. trying to incorporate one of the the most technically gifted players, which you would naturally try and do

I look forward to the day when City are finally able to shut up the idiots in the press, and stands

Marvin said:

Not yet clear what "normal service" is, as City are the model of inconsistency, but I think the majority of City supporters accept that a team is not built overnight.

There are reasons why City struggle away from home, and they relate to trying to be too ambitious in my view - i.e. trying to incorporate one of the the most technically gifted players, which you would naturally try and do

I look forward to the day when City are finally able to shut up the idiots in the press, and stands

Until he finds the formula to be consistent away from home as we are at home and start producing results that will make this club successful, THAT is when he should be rewarded with a new contract.

What is the rush? He only signed a contract in May, it's not like we need to sign him up quickly as it is running out or he is doing so well that the big boys will come in for him is it?

All i have said is before we start handing out contracts willy nilly like we did with Richards and Johnson let them fucking earn it first and if that makes me an idiot then so be it. A realistic idiot i might add.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Marvin said:

Until he finds the formula to be consistent away from home as we are at home and start producing results that will make this club successful, THAT is when he should be rewarded with a new contract.

What is the rush? He only signed a contract in May, it's not like we need to sign him up quickly as it is running out or he is doing so well that the big boys will come in for him is it?

All i have said is before we start handing out contracts willy nilly like we did with Richards and Johnson let them fucking earn it first and if that makes me an idiot then so be it. A realistic idiot i might add.

Although im all for him getting one, I understand some of your points.

Marvin said:

100% agree.

I doubt very much that the club would offer him a new contract, even the guys biggest supporters would agree that his results have been disappointing. Surely you only offer a new contract to a guy that is likely to be offered a better job and/or more money elsewhere, nothing in the last 12 months will have made him more appealing to the few clubs that fall into that category.

Whether he gets a new contract or not is secondary to me, because like I have said in another thread, the board appointments that City have made has strengthened Cook's and Hughes's positions. I won't ask people to stop speculating about the manager's position as I know it would never happen, but its crystal clear to me he is here for at least the next 2 transfer windows.

The reason I believe this is that he would have given Sheik Mansour a dossier on where we had to improve, his ideas of how we should implement those changes and how long it would take. Now he most certainly would not have given a glowing tribute to how the club was run before his appointment because it would have left him under immense pressure to turn things round very quickly and like they say, Turkey's don't vote for Christmas. If the Sheik had disagreed with him, then he would have been gone before the January window, so all I am saying is lets just wait and see until this time next year when hopefully our position will be very much improved.

de niro said:
Marvin said:

100% agree.

101%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.