HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

Braggster said:
mammutly said:
Even if this is true, which I doubt - it won't get the press off his back. Only good results will do that.

If for some bizzare reason his existing 3 year contract was extended already, it would have the effect of inviting more press speculation, not less They would just see it as an attempt to manipulate the media and many journalists really don't like that.

I would agree it's unlikely to be true. But your second paragraph is way off beam imo. It would shut down the speculation because it would be a statement that Hughes was the manager for the long term.

Why would the media believe it was an attempt to manipulate them? I don't think that is what they would read into it at all.

Well, a fair few people on here have suggested that it might just be to shut the press up. Sad, but true, many journalists are not the total idiots that a lot of people like to believe they are.

handbags away ladies, lets not turn this thread into another slaging match

im all for it if true, id like to hear Ric's view on his contacts though.....

but we need stability, hughes has shown his ability every time in the transfer market with some outstanding buys, and the team is starting to gel nicely.....a new contract would make everyone feel a lot more stable. people question his ability to handle egos....yet we havnt heard a peep out of elano since the outburst, and ben haim was shipped out....id call that handeling it

Braggster said:
mammutly said:
Even if this is true, which I doubt - it won't get the press off his back. Only good results will do that.

If for some bizzare reason his existing 3 year contract was extended already, it would have the effect of inviting more press speculation, not less They would just see it as an attempt to manipulate the media and many journalists really don't like that.

I would agree it's unlikely to be true. But your second paragraph is way off beam imo. It would shut down the speculation because it would be a statement that Hughes was the manager for the long term.

Why would the media believe it was an attempt to manipulate them? I don't think that is what they would read into it at all.

Think Abramovich and Grant. No one believed that Grant was there for the long term so Abramovich gave him a 4 year contract as a means of sending out a clear message to staff, fans and the media namely that Grant was his choice for manager and for the long term. It worked to a certain extent. Well until Roman sacked Grant 8 months later that is :)

There is a lot of speculation in the press about who will be City manager. Jose, Rafa, Klinsmann, Wenger, Scolari pretty much every week someone is linked to the City job so as means to shut the press up and quieten speculation, well I'd like to think ADUG are not that cynical. I may not rate or even like Hughes but that would be a crappy move if they then ditch him in the summer for a bigger name.

I have my doubts on this anyway - as has already been said Hughes is barely into a 3 year contract and its not as if the top teams in Europe are gagging to employ him. Plenty of time to make these sort of decisions in the summer.

de niro said:
bluegarty said:
Don't ask but this is 100% true....

The board feel they want him long term and he is going to sign and stay a long time, apparantly hes VERY happy at City and was very touched the other night when fans shouted his name (I was one of them) when a HUGHES OUT banner was pulled down!!

I think this would be a great move by the club to stop all the NEW manager rumours flying around and would be a very bold statement to any rebel players (Elano) and any rebel fans!!

I think we are starting to see the club finally have stability something I have never seen in my 37 years of supporting the club...

Thank-you ADUG!!
fantastic if true. stability and money, just what we've ever needed.
[*]
Thought i had seen posts that you were a Hughes Out fan Denero ;)

BobKowalski said:
Braggster said:
mammutly said:

Think Abramovich and Grant. No one believed that Grant was there for the long term so Abramovich gave him a 4 year contract as a means of sending out a clear message to staff, fans and the media namely that Grant was his choice for manager and for the long term. It worked to a certain extent. Well until Roman sacked Grant 8 months later that is :)

There is a lot of speculation in the press about who will be City manager. Jose, Rafa, Klinsmann, Wenger, Scolari pretty much every week someone is linked to the City job so as means to shut the press up and quieten speculation, well I'd like to think ADUG are not that cynical. I may not rate or even like Hughes but that would be a crappy move if they then ditch him in the summer for a bigger name.

I have my doubts on this anyway - as has already been said Hughes is barely into a 3 year contract and its not as if the top teams in Europe are gagging to employ him. Plenty of time to make these sort of decisions in the summer.

Oh come on!! Abramovich makes Peter Swales seem patient when it comes to sacking managers. Aren't you forgetting he sacked a manger in Jose that had won 2 league titles in 4 years and finished runners up the other 2.

Marvin said:
Did you see City v Villa on Wednesday? What about the build-ups to both goals?

Not yet clear what "normal service" is, as City are the model of inconsistency, but I think the majority of City supporters accept that a team is not built overnight.

There are reasons why City struggle away from home, and they relate to trying to be too ambitious in my view - i.e. trying to incorporate one of the the most technically gifted players, which you would naturally try and do

I look forward to the day when City are finally able to shut up the idiots in the press, and stands

agreed m8 . i think we go to attack minded in some games ,if you just look @ the games we have lost with a few draws we would be comfortably in the top 6

bluegarty said:
Don't ask but this is 100% true....

The board feel they want him long term and he is going to sign and stay a long time, apparantly hes VERY happy at City and was very touched the other night when fans shouted his name (I was one of them) when a HUGHES OUT banner was pulled down!!

I think this would be a great move by the club to stop all the NEW manager rumours flying around and would be a very bold statement to any rebel players (Elano) and any rebel fans!!

I think we are starting to see the club finally have stability something I have never seen in my 37 years of supporting the club...

Thank-you ADUG!!

The "cluless Hughes" banner was about 6 foot square-extremely doubtful he could've seen it without binoculars.
Although I thought it was particularly stupid and ill-timed-I was glad it was pulled down pretty sharpish by the guy underneath.
So far as the "Hughesy" chant it lasted about 5 seconds and was confined to a section of 111......
Again-doubtful it made any impact.

No problem with the positive sentiments but a little reality wouldn't go amiss....

not sure a new contract is deserved yet but do think at the end of season it should be reviewed if all goes well. there are good signs under his leadership and it is time for us to have some stability at the club!!! and here it comes BUT! if there was a chance we could get the special one at the end of the season i would be all for that as he is a proven winner.

[/quote]

Well, a fair few people on here have suggested that it might just be to shut the press up. Sad, but true, many journalists are not the total idiots that a lot of people like to believe they are.[/quote]

Oh believe me they are!

Well, a fair few people on here have suggested that it might just be to shut the press up. Sad, but true, many journalists are not the total idiots that a lot of people like to believe they are.[/quote]

Oh believe me they are![/quote]

Source?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.