HUGHES TO GET NEW CONTRACT!!!

imo would be absolute fucking nonsense to give Hughes a new contract now, our season hinges on the last 10 league games and the UEFA run.

finish well, as Hughes loves to quote that we will, and get 7th with a continued (hopefully winners) run in Europe and fair enough he may well merit a new contract being discussed in the summer however how would everyone feel if we continue our dismal away form and drop a couple of bollocks at home coupled with an exit from the UEFA against Aalborg?

if this thread had been posted after the West Ham game rather than post-Villa i am sure the responses would have been much different, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to be discussing a new contract now.

Hughes has got the worst away record of any manager in the top 4 divisions of English football......absolutly shocking!!

Rammy Blue said:
imo would be absolute fucking nonsense to give Hughes a new contract now, our season hinges on the last 10 league games and the UEFA run.

finish well, as Hughes loves to quote that we will, and get 7th with a continued (hopefully winners) run in Europe and fair enough he may well merit a new contract being discussed in the summer however how would everyone feel if we continue our dismal away form and drop a couple of bollocks at home coupled with an exit from the UEFA against Aalborg?

if this thread had been posted after the West Ham game rather than post-Villa i am sure the responses would have been much different, it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to be discussing a new contract now.

I agree. Discuss securing Hughes' future if and when he looks like he might actually win something. There is no point in doing it now. It's not like he's the the world's most must have manager, is it.

mr bluesky said:
Hughes has got the worst away record of any manager in the top 4 divisions of English football......absolutly shocking!!

Nice way of embarrassing yourself mate.
You clearly know nothing about football, and obviously do not know much about City. Rag?

For the record If we just look at the premier league, Fulham, Stoke, Boro and West brom all have worse away records than City!

bluegarty said:
Don't ask but this is 100% true....

The board feel they want him long term and he is going to sign and stay a long time, apparantly hes VERY happy at City and was very touched the other night when fans shouted his name (I was one of them) when a HUGHES OUT banner was pulled down!!

I think this would be a great move by the club to stop all the NEW manager rumours flying around and would be a very bold statement to any rebel players (Elano) and any rebel fans!!

I think we are starting to see the club finally have stability something I have never seen in my 37 years of supporting the club...

Thank-you ADUG!!

i agree with(thank you ADUG) without them we would have been goosed. and i want hughes to stay at least until next october the will re assess

It wouldnt suprise me.... Theres a huge gamble with whoever they bring in, plus expense and the new squad the new manager would want. Hughes contract is probably old and not part of ADUG's contracts. It would be a huge sign to the team and all players that they have to fall in line or there out.
It has with no doubt been frustrating following hughes' teams and I have wanted him to do the decent thing on more than one occasion but this club needs stability. If its to be Hughes then so be it...and if he gets 7th or a eufa cup then he goes down in history.

mammutly said:
Rammy Blue said:

I agree. Discuss securing Hughes' future if and when he looks like he might actually win something. There is no point in doing it now. It's not like he's the the world's most must have manager, is it.

even if he was the "world's most must have manager (lol)" having to wait 3 months further into his 3 year contract isn't going to make much difference to the negotiations, so just leave it til the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.