Hughes Transfer Strategy ?

Re: Is Mark Hughes a coward?

Andouble said:
Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

Agreed.

maineroad68 said:
Andouble said:
Hughes knows he doesn't have the luxury of time so buying players from abroad and putting them straight into the first team could be a nightmare for him and his job status. Quite frankly I think the transfer plan he's had this summer has been brilliant.

Agreed.

Yup you have to realize that we are pretty much completely rebuilding the team again while other clubs are just buying one or two players to add to their allready gelled team! Would anyone like to have 4-5 players on the field who are playing their first few games in the English Premiership?

AIQ88 said:
Would anyone like to have 4-5 players on the field who are playing their first few games in the English Premiership?

If they're quality players with the potential to be better than what we have I'd be more than happy.

I've seen a lot of people in this thread who have weighed the 'gambles' of Berbatov from Tottenham against Torres from Atletico Madrid.

Two factors that people seem to be forgetting:

1) Firstly, you can't compare a players performance in one league from another league. My example here would be Diego Forlan.
Absolute shite at United = a 'proven' top goalscorer in Spain!
It all depends on how the team works for an individual player and how he fits in. If a striker makes the runs at United as he did at Villarreal, it doesn't mean that the player passing the ball is going to use the same timing/pace with his pass. Every player needs at least one or two players to play off to be effective in a teams plan/strategy.

2) Language Barrier:
A team that can talk and understand each other is going to play much better together than a team that associates an action with another action. It's a rule that can be found from the Premiership to local community Under 9's football. It's a given fact. Bringing in English-based players will help City more and Hughes has done that profoundly. They've grown accustomed to the physical attributes a player needs to acquire to succeed. Trust me. :o)

chrisb182 said:
I've seen a lot of people in this thread who have weighed the 'gambles' of Berbatov from Tottenham against Torres from Atletico Madrid.

Two factors that people seem to be forgetting:

1) Firstly, you can't compare a players performance in one league from another league. My example here would be Diego Forlan.
Absolute shite at United = a 'proven' top goalscorer in Spain!
It all depends on how the team works for an individual player and how he fits in. If a striker makes the runs at United as he did at Villarreal, it doesn't mean that the player passing the ball is going to use the same timing/pace with his pass. Every player needs at least one or two players to play off to be effective in a teams plan/strategy.

2) Language Barrier:
A team that can talk and understand each other is going to play much better together than a team that associates an action with another action. It's a rule that can be found from the Premiership to local community Under 9's football. It's a given fact. Bringing in English-based players will help City more and Hughes has done that profoundly. They've grown accustomed to the physical attributes a player needs to acquire to succeed. Trust me. :o)

In settling a team quickly this is an important aspect - often forgotten

Robbie's English is improving

Ade, Toure (Obviously Barry Lescott) speak good English

Tevez is the only one a little stuck but his family is settled in the area and I am sure his English will improve

All provides the ingredients for a good start - that will breed confidence

Allison did it...Ball did it,Pearce did it,Sven did it..Did what? Said after having a couple of wins,that we are gonna win the lot.Joe Mercer said fuck all and he was a winner...Hope Hughes follows Joes example...

summerleebelldoyle said:
Allison did it...Ball did it,Pearce did it,Sven did it..Did what? Said after having a couple of wins,that we are gonna win the lot.

??????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.