Hughton Sacked.

My Norwich supporting friends hope for Malky but strong rumour is Neil Lennon.

Could be a good thing for us though because to a man (and woman) they'd had enough of Chris Houghton and there was a real negative feeling amongst them.

Their first home game is against Liverpool - the crowd and players are going to be buoyant and totally up for this match.

The timing of the sacking is weird though.

East Level 2 said:
Lots of Norwich fans at the derby the other week; perhaps they are trying to get Moyes.
Seen them at Bayern's champions league game as well, Guardiola?

There are 5 games left. What is the point in promoting the youth coach? He isn't going to give them the "new manager boost" to save them and they won't get anybody new in either. I could sort of understand a few months ago but with 5 games left it's pointless and all but put the nail in their coffin.

He was always a great coach for Spurs. Done well at Newcastle and Birmingham too.

It's only their second season up so don't know why they're expecting a lot more. It's so tight at the bottom that a few wins here and there can drastically change things, only 5 points seperate 11th-17th. Bizarre timing like someone said as well. I guess the 20m they spent they wanted a lot more for their money

RandomJ said:
There are 5 games left. What is the point in promoting the youth coach? He isn't going to give them the "new manager boost" to save them and they won't get anybody new in either. I could sort of understand a few months ago but with 5 games left it's pointless and all but put the nail in their coffin.

I live there - the locals were apopleptic on Saturday and the board had to get rid, otherwise, any further home games were going to be nightmarish. The fans turned on Hughton big time on Saturday, but many have wanted him out for months.
Neil Adams is a popular guy here, but, time will tell whether they can glean any more points as a result of the change - and remember, they've done this before when they promoted Bryan Gunn briefly a few years back, and that went disastrously for them, before they appointed Paul Lambert. The fans view is that relegation beckoned if Hughton stayed. From a neutral's viewpoint, he's been a bit unlucky, as the big signings he made - 3 forwards - have only scored 7 between them all season, despite playing decent football a lot of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.