Hugo Viana to be new Director of Football (Official Announcement p17)

In before the media write "Newcastle flop takes control at City."

bKnQ1aE.gif

This process began months ago and has seen important developments in recent weeks, having been monitored from the beginning by Sporting CP's management.

months ago? wow

It adds up when you look at Txiki’s position. We managed to persuade him not to “retire” at 55 and he’s going now he’s 60.

I assume he told the club in the summer and we’ve carried out our due process to find his replacement without any kind of leak.

Interesting that City's statement says "will stand down from his full time role", made me wonder if he's going to hang around doing something 'part time'.
Felt that was odd wording too. Weirdly specific if hes simply leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if he is to stick around behind the scenes to teach Viana for a year or perhaps he takes up a role within the CFG.

I read an article the other day stating that in Portugal, Viana and Amorim's relationship is talked upon as being very similar to what Pep and Txiki have. A symbiotic relationship that just seems to work very well as whole.

Can see this appointment being very similar as to when we appointed Txiki back in 2012 to ultimately help us get Pep as no doubt with Viana's appointment, Amorim will be overwhelmingly the favourite to take over.

Could this be another reason why we have not splurged on player acquisition? Let the new man get a feel over the next few months, see how city operates before dipping into the market?

The succession planning is second to none. Proper business, not like the rags, tell the media we are having a meeting next week lol.

Best in class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.