Hulk, A Target?!

There is talk about Modric, long term replacement for Lampard but this maybe happens next summer.

They also need cover for right back position. Bosingwa leaving, Ivanovic is very good but no cover if he is out.

Little bit gamble to start with Torres without Drogba because Torres was a 25+ goalscorer earlier but no one knows that Torres still exist or not.

Of course Hazard, Mata, Hulk they can score huge amount of goals themselves and also create a lot of chances to any striker ahead of them. Torres is only mentally away from being back to his best Liverpool form.

Middle of the park is interesting they have Ramires who is very good, Mikel who is basically a De Jong in City, they have an old Lampard who still can be useful but not a fix starter and Meireles+Essien. Thats six central midfielders, can be enough in numbers. But they cannot rely much on Essien anymore, so this summer or next summer they need make a big move for a central midfielder.
Ramires turned out to be a very good buy, fantastic player imo. Scores goals, helps attacks, defends well, never stops running, has lot of energy, good technique(as Brazilian) started weak in Chelsea but got better and better.

Malouda, Bosingwa, Kalou they all have to leave or they will be on the bench forever.

With a good coach they will fight for the title next year. Probably with any coach if he can get on side with the squad and the old players too. (Cole, Lampard, Terry). AVB did not and that resulted the 6th place this year which is very big surprise because Spurs/Arsenal squad is nowhere near good to Chelsea's. Those squads will be even lot weaker after this summer in comparison to Chelsea's.

£38M deal agreed according to the Guardian, mental if true. Wonder how many people will say Chelsea are ruining football this season, or will it just be our tag?

skybluecelt1990 said:
£38M deal agreed according to the Guardian, mental if true. Wonder how many people will say Chelsea are ruining football this season, or will it just be our tag?
hopefully we`ll get started soon mate!!bale, falcao,martinez and thiago silva are the constant names popping up every where.

Chelsea are still linked with Van der Wiel and Modric.

Cech
Van der Wiel, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Modric, Ramires
Hulk, Mata, Hazard
Torres

It looks like they could finally phase out the old guard and that looks like a title winning side. With those players behind him, Torres will score 20+ providing the new manager keeps faith in him. I'm not concerned though, it just makes me more excited. I can't wait to see who we bring in and I can't wait for the challenge. I'd rather it be us and Chelsea for the title than us and the rags. The more teams who can win the league the more exciting it is, bring it on!

skybluecelt1990 said:
Why mental? Seems a bargain to me, especially recognising how much Torres and Carroll cost. However, their wage bill will be astronomical.

This is the equivalent to how some of you sound
There's this Messi guy, everyone keeps talking about how he is this & how he's that.
Only seen him when he's faced off against my team.
Done fuck all in all the 7 matches against Chelsea.

Supposed to be the best player ever. Overrated. Lucky he didn't come through our academy. That kid is gash.

loool You lot are hysterical

At £32m, £38m & £8m respectively, Hazard, Hulk & Marin have cost Chelsea a mere £3m more than Carroll, Henderson & Downing. Mind-boggling isn't it?

Not going to try and impress my own opinion, but, I bet regardless of the manager Mikel will start for Chelsea. If Modric comes in, it'll be more difficult but, in most scenario's I can't see him not in the 1st XI

lionheart said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
Why mental? Seems a bargain to me, especially recognising how much Torres and Carroll cost. However, their wage bill will be astronomical.

Torres' fee was based around his ability & stats over a sustained period in La Liga/Premier League, which before his monumental dip in form put him as one of the best strikers in Europe if not the world. Carroll price inflated because of being British & liverpool's desperation to replace Torres at such short notice (Still a ridiculous fee mind you).

The price for Hulk is based upon form in Japanese & Portuguese leagues, which we can all agree are not of the highest of calibre. Its not even like he's set the international stage alight either. Not saying he definitely won't succeed, but it is a big financial risk, not to mention that he will probably be used as Drogba's replacement upfront which is not his strongest role.

Only watched him in the 2 games against us so can't really say much about his ability because he must have something if they are looking at paying 38m but I just hope he plays against us like he did in those 2 games as he was awful.

BlueBilly said:
Chelsea are still linked with Van der Wiel and Modric.

Cech
Van der Wiel, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Modric, Ramires
Hulk, Mata, Hazard
Torres

It looks like they could finally phase out the old guard and that looks like a title winning side. With those players behind him, Torres will score 20+ providing the new manager keeps faith in him. I'm not concerned though, it just makes me more excited. I can't wait to see who we bring in and I can't wait for the challenge. I'd rather it be us and Chelsea for the title than us and the rags. The more teams who can win the league the more exciting it is, bring it on!
If we don't make a single signing this summer we will still have a better team than that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.