Hulk, A Target?!

SuperbiaInProlelio said:
Even if he is a lot better than he showed against us in the cup matches, his lack of form against us is a foreboding (or promising I guess) sign of how he'll compete against City in the premier league.

I'm glad we didn't try and buy him, I like all the strikers we've been connected to more than him, particularly RVP and Cavani.

You can't seriously believe that can you?

I tell you what, Aguero played against Chelsea twice in the league for City and didn't do any damage to them. Chelsea won at the Bridge and Nasri & Tevez were the difference at the Eithad.

Bodes well for Chelsea when facing off against Aguero in the future.. Right?? 0_o No.
We played Atléti in the Champions League before and he scored a cracking double against us.
For instance.

Am I being off-base here? Shouldn't all of this just be ABC stuff about football, for football fans. Fair enough if you prefer RvP & Cavani.

Fair enough as well to the people that say, let's see if he can reproduce that form for Chelsea, whether moving between leagues or between clubs (i.e. Kaka to Madrid, Berbatov to United) You don't know if the player will be able to have the same effect.
Same goes for RvP & Cavani though. I think it's a great move. RvP's hitting 30 & has a history of injuries that if it happened again, no one would be surprised so I wouldn't personally want him if I were you. Falcao & Cavani have pedigree, but, then ask Porto fans who the better player out of Falcao & Hulk is.

City had their love affair with Brazilians & it didn't pan out for you. Now you're Argentine & Chelsea are trying to be all Cheleacao

zoffie said:
SuperbiaInProlelio said:
Even if he is a lot better than he showed against us in the cup matches, his lack of form against us is a foreboding (or promising I guess) sign of how he'll compete against City in the premier league.

I'm glad we didn't try and buy him, I like all the strikers we've been connected to more than him, particularly RVP and Cavani.

I tell you what, Aguero played against Chelsea twice in the league for City and didn't do any damage to them. Chelsea won at the Bridge and Nasri & Tevez were the difference at the Eithad.

Am I being off-base here? Shouldn't all of this just be ABC stuff about football, for football fans. Fair enough if you prefer RvP & Cavani.

Fair enough as well to the people that say, let's see if he can reproduce that form for Chelsea, whether moving between leagues or between clubs (i.e. Kaka to Madrid, Berbatov to United) You don't know if the player will be able to have the same effect.
Same goes for RvP & Cavani though. I think it's a great move. RvP's hitting 30 & has a history of injuries that if it happened again, no one would be surprised so I wouldn't personally want him if I were you. Falcao & Cavani have pedigree, but, then ask Porto fans who the better player out of Falcao & Hulk is.

City had their love affair with Brazilians & it didn't pan out for you. Now you're Argentine & Chelsea are trying to be all Cheleacao

Didn't say he is incapable of playing well against us after joining Chelsea, just that his poor play in the previous matches was an encouraging sign. I'm not an idiot, I know the buildup, style of play, and Hulk's role could differ immensely depending on the Chelsea squad from his role at Porto. However, the fact that our back line did a great job keeping him in check in the games this season is certainly not a bad thing.

And RVP's age and history of injury doesn't bother me so much due to the youth of Aguero, Balotelli, and Guidetti. We have some good young strikers who are continuing to grow as footballers, and I would happily have us shell out a significant amount of money for just 2 seasons of RVP in good form.

But Hulk certainly isn't a bad player, just not who I want for us at that price he would cost.

SuperbiaInProlelio said:
zoffie said:
SuperbiaInProlelio said:

Didn't say he is incapable of playing well against us after joining Chelsea, just that his poor play in the previous matches was an encouraging sign. I'm not an idiot, I know the buildup, style of play, and Hulk's role could differ immensely depending on the Chelsea squad from his role at Porto. However, the fact that our back line did a great job keeping him in check in the games this season is certainly not a bad thing.

And RVP's age and history of injury doesn't bother me so much due to the youth of Aguero, Balotelli, and Guidetti. We have some good young strikers who are continuing to grow as footballers, and I would happily have us shell out a significant amount of money for just 2 seasons of RVP in good form.

But Hulk certainly isn't a bad player, just not who I want for us at that price he would cost.

Okay. Fair do's

zoffie said:
I tell you what, Aguero played against Chelsea twice in the league for City and didn't do any damage to them.
I thought he embarrassed your defensive line when he put Balotelli through on goal to score.

Or was I dreaming?

Jumanji said:
zoffie said:
I tell you what, Aguero played against Chelsea twice in the league for City and didn't do any damage to them.
I thought he embarrassed your defensive line when he put Balotelli through on goal to score.

Or was I dreaming?

But then Hulk set up a goal against us. ;-)

BlueBilly said:
Chelsea are still linked with Van der Wiel and Modric.

Cech
Van der Wiel, Cahill, Luiz, Cole
Modric, Ramires
Hulk, Mata, Hazard
Torres

It looks like they could finally phase out the old guard and that looks like a title winning side. With those players behind him, Torres will score 20+ providing the new manager keeps faith in him. I'm not concerned though, it just makes me more excited. I can't wait to see who we bring in and I can't wait for the challenge. I'd rather it be us and Chelsea for the title than us and the rags. The more teams who can win the league the more exciting it is, bring it on!
that looks like a team of overpriced, overrated Abramovic signings to me!
Hazard - Great player, unproven and comes with a humongous ego and for an expensive price (£32-35m)
Hulk - Decent player, diving ****, massively overrated, and Hugely over expensive (£38m)
Modric - so overrated it's untrue, doesn't do anything in his current team. Poor man's Barry. and he would cost over £35m.
Van Der Wiel - Useless lump of a fullback IMO, decent pace and can cross though. Would probably cost around £15-20m I'd suspect too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.