Hull (a) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never realised that Pep signed Sanchez for Barca. - a fact I heard after the Arsenal game.
Must play our strongest side against Hull . Keep the back 4 , and Ferny1 and Ferny2.
Can see Nolito starting.

All are must wins until we close the gap to Chelsea.

Strongest team against Hull, bring Fernandinho instead of Fernando, keeping back four same as we ended against Arsenal. We get Aguero back for Liverpool and will have more options.

Bravo

Sagna Oto Kola Clichy

KDB Dinho Silva

Sterling Iheanacho Nolito

Nolito and Nacho to come back in for this one.

Bravo
Sagna Stones Ott Kolorov
Fernandinho Toure
KDB Silva Sterling
Nolito

F'dinho in for Yaya is the only change at make from the team that started the second half v Arse!

2x Ferns is possibly the way our center midfield needs to be for the right balance of graft and ability. Yaya can change things of the bench if needed. Hopefully it will be a case of get 2 up and then KDB / Silva could come of for Yaya / Garcia.

F'dinho in for Yaya is the only change at make from the team that started the second half v Arse!

2x Ferns is possibly the way our center midfield needs to be for the right balance of graft and ability. Yaya can change things of the bench if needed. Hopefully it will be a case of get 2 up and then KDB / Silva could come of for Yaya / Garcia.

How often have the two Ferns played well when starting together? Last season at Seville is the only game I can think of. They work well as a partnership when Fernando comes on in the 2nd half to shore up a lead (eg as in the derby) but not so much when they both start.

How often have the two Ferns played well when starting together? Last season at Seville is the only game I can think of. They work well as a partnership when Fernando comes on in the 2nd half to shore up a lead (eg as in the derby) but not so much when they both start.

Agree with this to an extent however our starting 11 is a moving feast and it currently reflects the suspensions of Aguero and F'dinho. Both F'do and Yaya have stepped up and are relatively fresh. I would want F'dinho back in and would prefer to keep Fernando over Yaya as longer term i think that is a more solid midfield. If F'do cant keep his form then Yaya stands ready to replace him - I would prefer to give F'do the chance first accepting he has not kicked on before when given a run of games.

They were sensational in both games against PSG last season and in my opinion they won us the tie.

Do you want to win the league? I tell you what I’d do: go take John Terry for a season, he told talkSPORT.

Play him at the back with [John] Stones... Stones would learn so much off of playing with John Terry week-in week-out, absolutely, educate him.

This was in the MEN online today. A comment by Harry Rednapp. Whilst I dont advocate Terry, it is exactly what is missing without Kompany. An experienced EPL leader at the back. Of course easier said than done. I know its all 'what if' but imagine if Kompany had been fit playing with and teaching Stones. Trouble is I cant think of anybody who could fit the bill. Any thoughts?
You could argue in favour of Otemendi but to me thats not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.