Hull City post match thread

Stoned Rose said:
East Level 2 said:
I'm interested in this idea we were better after the break. I accept we offered Hull fewer chances but many of the comments relate to us going forward and I think we had three attempts on target in each half.
Having said that I'm not sure if any of the stats are correct as one stat shown on the scoreboard late in the first half gave us two shots on target but three saves by the Hull keeper; unless one would have been an own goal.
As for the game, I know it's early days and I know Pelle and a couple of players are settling in but I still find it disconcerting that we struggled to overcome a team comprising eleven players none of whom we would want in our squad.
They may have a winning mentality from gaining promotion but shouldn't we have sufficient professional pride to overcome that? And shouldn't we also be used to winning having won so many games over the past few seasons?
The result was a positive; the clean sheet was another positive, but there seemed to be something seriously wrong with the performance as a whole.
Fortunately Pelle has two weeks to decide how to tackle Hughes and the Neanderthals in our next game.

Huddlestone would walk into our squad.
So how come we missed him and he ended up in Hull? Or perhaps we've never had a manager who rated him; why?
Or could it be that he'd walk into our poorly performing side (today and last Sunday) but wouldn't have a chance the rest of the time?

Still poor deffending, too much space for opsition strikers. Not enough tempo and one touch passing, fast ball movement. Some players keep the ball for too long for no reason, killing the paste. Need improvement.

Rovertiger said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Rovertiger said:
So a team led by a Manager you don't like is shit!!! Doesn't matter how they played? Sad little man.

Who said you were shit? I just said that if you want your arse kissing try the Tigers page or whatever your forum is called this week....

"sad little man" funny as fuck, you're on an MCFC forum dicksplash

Seems like your Mods on here are a bit touchy, replied to this once but it seems to have been rejected Bluemanc100. Ah well, so much for free speech. Hope your season goes well

your lot played well today and deserved something from the game fella, hope you have a good season, ignore the numpties most on here are okay

Rovertiger said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Rovertiger said:
So a team led by a Manager you don't like is shit!!! Doesn't matter how they played? Sad little man.

Who said you were shit? I just said that if you want your arse kissing try the Tigers page or whatever your forum is called this week....

Seems like your Mods on here are a bit touchy, replied to this once but it seems to have been rejected Bluemanc100. Ah well, so much for free speech. Hope your season goes well

You seemingly don't know free speech laws.

Anyway, if your team play like it's a cup final every game you'll stay up, however the chances of that....

As this thread is already over 40 pages long & I haven't read every post all I can do is post my thoughts on the match & apologise if they repeat earlier comments.

I wasn't expecting much in the way of atmosphere today as early Saturday KOs are always funeral-like so I wasn't disappointed there. What was deeply disturbing was the lack of drive & organisation in all aspects of our play against spirited but limited opponents. We were poor defensively, wide open through the centre of midfield & lacking conviction up front. To claim any positives other than three points gained and the fact that Negrado looks like a very good acquisition is wishful thinking as far as I am concerned

Pellegrini has a big job on his hands as it is not as simple as making the squad happier than Bob did.

They are a tough team that Hull Kingston Rovers aren't they? They started strong and we were poor in the first half. The tactical substitutions today were better and we got back into it in the second half, and the final result was the right result. Whatever happened to the crowd today? The atmosphere was poor. The crowd used to be our extra-man advantage, but now people are asleep or eating their prawn sandwiches. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Ernie Wise used to ask Eric Morecambe "what do you think of it so far?" So what can we make of this season so far?

Winning 4 - 0 at home against Newcastle was not as great a victory as we thought; they're a poor team and only had ten men for half the game. We got 4 goals from 4 players which was a good sign, but we were over-exuberant after that. We became complacent and got away with some really loosey-goosey passing and sloppy defending. Pride goes before a fall.

Losing 3 - 2 away to Cardiff was a real disappointment; they're a promoted side who defend well and we were punished by a player who was rejected by United as not good enough. This time we were punished for really loosey-goosey passing and sloppy defending.

Winning 2 - 0 at home against HKR was not a great a victory as it was a tightly fought scrappy game against another promoted side.

So 2 poor wins and a dreadful loss; not the kind of start to the season most of us hoped for.
We have to be patient, but we know we must do better.

truebluetoronto said:
They are a tough team that Hull Kingston Rovers aren't they? They started strong and we were poor in the first half. The tactical substitutions today were better and we got back into it in the second half, and the final result was the right result. Whatever happened to the crowd today? The atmosphere was poor. The crowd used to be our extra-man advantage, but now people are asleep or eating their prawn sandwiches. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Ernie Wise used to ask Eric Morecambe "what do you think of it so far?" So what can we make of this season so far?

Winning 4 - 0 at home against Newcastle was not as great a victory as we thought; they're a poor team and only had ten men for half the game. We got 4 goals from 4 players which was a good sign, but we were over-exuberant after that. We became complacent and got away with some really loosey-goosey passing and sloppy defending. Pride goes before a fall.

Losing 3 - 2 away to Cardiff was a real disappointment; they're a promoted side who defend well and we were punished by a player who was rejected by United as not good enough. This time we were punished for really loosey-goosey passing and sloppy defending.

Winning 2 - 0 at home against HKR was not a great a victory as it was a tightly fought scrappy game against another promoted side.

So 2 poor wins and a dreadful loss; not the kind of start to the season most of us hoped for.

Newcastle wasn't a poor win. We played well against a shite side. What more can we do ?

hilts said:
Rovertiger said:
Bluemanc100 said:

your lot played well today and deserved something from the game fella, hope you have a good season, ignore the numpties most on here are okay

"numpties"..... I'll make an assumption you weren't referring to moi....

I thought the initial post was a little indulgent let's leave it there, we can talk about how Hull gave it a go and that we could have been 2 down at half time but outright praise? Wrong forum for that lads

truebluetoronto said:

Hahaha love it, they're the RL team I follow, compliments on knowing your RL Teams.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:09 pm --<br /><br />
Bluemanc100 said:
hilts said:
Rovertiger said:

"numpties"..... I'll make an assumption you weren't referring to moi....

I thought the initial post was a little indulgent let's leave it there, we can talk about how Hull gave it a go and that we could have been 2 down at half time but outright praise? Wrong forum for that lads

Obviously :)

Went to the match and like a lot of fans felt disappointed with the overall performance but relieved we got the three points anyway.

For me personally, the most worrying thing is that we seemed to have lost that air of invincibility in our home games. There were many matches of the last 2-3 seasons where we just seemed to be in complete control of a game.

For the majority of Mancini's reign, most teams would come to the Etihad and park the bus, so we got used to having the majority of possession, virtually camping on the half way line or higher and just waited until we scored the first goal. Very rarely did we see our defence come under any serious and sustained pressure and as as supporters we just got used to having things our way at home virtually all the time.

However, it does feel more recently that teams have sussed out how to play against us, by putting us under pressure higher up the field. As a result the team looks less comfortable and more vulnerable, which is making us supporters feel more nervous during the game because the team no longer looks like it is in complete control of a game.

I suspect part of my dissatisfaction with the win today, is the feeling that we no longer have an air of invincibility against any opposition when at home and that it may prove diificult to get back again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.