Hull City post match thread

East Level 2 said:
Stoned Rose said:
East Level 2 said:
I'm interested in this idea we were better after the break. I accept we offered Hull fewer chances but many of the comments relate to us going forward and I think we had three attempts on target in each half.
Having said that I'm not sure if any of the stats are correct as one stat shown on the scoreboard late in the first half gave us two shots on target but three saves by the Hull keeper; unless one would have been an own goal.
As for the game, I know it's early days and I know Pelle and a couple of players are settling in but I still find it disconcerting that we struggled to overcome a team comprising eleven players none of whom we would want in our squad.
They may have a winning mentality from gaining promotion but shouldn't we have sufficient professional pride to overcome that? And shouldn't we also be used to winning having won so many games over the past few seasons?
The result was a positive; the clean sheet was another positive, but there seemed to be something seriously wrong with the performance as a whole.
Fortunately Pelle has two weeks to decide how to tackle Hughes and the Neanderthals in our next game.

Huddlestone would walk into our squad.
So how come we missed him and he ended up in Hull? Or perhaps we've never had a manager who rated him; why?
Or could it be that he'd walk into our poorly performing side (today and last Sunday) but wouldn't have a chance the rest of the time?

I said squad not side.

He is better much than Garcia who currently occupies a place in our squad. Therefore he would walk into our squad.

Best player on the pitch today by the way.

Bluemanc100 said:
hilts said:
Rovertiger said:
Seems like your Mods on here are a bit touchy, replied to this once but it seems to have been rejected Bluemanc100. Ah well, so much for free speech. Hope your season goes well

your lot played well today and deserved something from the game fella, hope you have a good season, ignore the numpties most on here are okay

"numpties"..... I'll make an assumption you weren't referring to moi....

I thought the initial post was a little indulgent let's leave it there, we can talk about how Hull gave it a go and that we could have been 2 down at half time but outright praise? Wrong forum for that lads

You were harsh on the lad in fairness, they played well and as a hull fan he is entitled to that view, personally apart from the vermin i like other fans on the board, some of our fans have disappeared up their own arses recently

Re: Tom Huddlestone

FantasyIreland said:
I thought he was superb today,he dominated midfield in both stature and ability.

A bargain buy who would have been an ideal Barry and/or Garcia replacement and would have been an excellent alternative to rodwell.

totally agree. best player on the park........by a mile.

I agree about Huddlestone,an excellent addition he would have made.

I even made a seperate thread,ask the mods.....

Eaglechief said:
Went to the match and like a lot of fans felt disappointed with the overall performance but relieved we got the three points anyway.

For me personally, the most worrying thing is that we seemed to have lost that air of invincibility in our home games. There were many matches of the last 2-3 seasons where we just seemed to be in complete control of a game.

For the majority of Mancini's reign, most teams would come to the Etihad and park the bus, so we got used to having the majority of possession, virtually camping on the half way line or higher and just waited until we scored the first goal. Very rarely did we see our defence come under any serious and sustained pressure and as as supporters we just got used to having things our way at home virtually all the time.

However, it does feel more recently that teams have sussed out how to play against us, by putting us under pressure higher up the field. As a result the team looks less comfortable and more vulnerable, which is making us supporters feel more nervous during the game because the team no longer looks like it is in complete control of a game.

I suspect part of my dissatisfaction with the win today, is the feeling that we no longer have an air of invincibility against any opposition when at home and that it may prove diificult to get back again.

I think what it is that with your new Manager never having been in the Prem before that other Managers are trying to take advantage of it. He's still trying to find his feet in this League just like a new foreign player. I'm sure once he's sussed it out you'll play a lot better as the season goes on.

hilts said:
Bluemanc100 said:
hilts said:
your lot played well today and deserved something from the game fella, hope you have a good season, ignore the numpties most on here are okay

"numpties"..... I'll make an assumption you weren't referring to moi....

I thought the initial post was a little indulgent let's leave it there, we can talk about how Hull gave it a go and that we could have been 2 down at half time but outright praise? Wrong forum for that lads

You were harsh on the lad in fairness, they played well and as a hull fan he is entitled to that view, personally apart from the vermin i like other fans on the board, some of our fans have disappeared up their own arses recently

I'm not one of them, after 50 years I am taking each day as it comes..... I wouldn't say I was harsh, I found it a little presumptious that a fan of the opposition would pop up asking for praise. Most are realistic enough to realise we rode our luck and that Hull turned up to play, me included

Rovertiger said:
Eaglechief said:
Went to the match and like a lot of fans felt disappointed with the overall performance but relieved we got the three points anyway.

For me personally, the most worrying thing is that we seemed to have lost that air of invincibility in our home games. There were many matches of the last 2-3 seasons where we just seemed to be in complete control of a game.

For the majority of Mancini's reign, most teams would come to the Etihad and park the bus, so we got used to having the majority of possession, virtually camping on the half way line or higher and just waited until we scored the first goal. Very rarely did we see our defence come under any serious and sustained pressure and as as supporters we just got used to having things our way at home virtually all the time.

However, it does feel more recently that teams have sussed out how to play against us, by putting us under pressure higher up the field. As a result the team looks less comfortable and more vulnerable, which is making us supporters feel more nervous during the game because the team no longer looks like it is in complete control of a game.

I suspect part of my dissatisfaction with the win today, is the feeling that we no longer have an air of invincibility against any opposition when at home and that it may prove diificult to get back again.

I think what it is that with your new Manager never having been in the Prem before that other Managers are trying to take advantage of it. He's still trying to find his feet in this League just like a new foreign player. I'm sure once he's sussed it out you'll play a lot better as the season goes on.

Thanks for your comments Rovertiger.

I don't want to sound patronising, but based on today's performance, your team are good enough to stay in the Premier League, although you do need to buy a decent striker!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I have to say that there is a lot of truth in the claims that "we got the three points, that's all that matters, move on." It is vital that we get three points from the Hull Cities of this world at home. We can't drop points against sides like Hull if we hope to be title challengers and hopefully win the title next May. We do need to remember that United were diabolical last season until the new year, apart from wins at Stamford Bridge and...somewhere else. They ground out wins at Reading, Villa etc after trailing all match and in May...And we did get the 3 points today.

It's the "moving on" bit that concerns me. To be honest I thought our defence was playing demonstrably better at the end of the match than at the start. The first 20 minutes was unbearably frightening. I couldn't believe what I saw at times, notably Lescott's kamikaze lunge to allow Hull through for the best chance of the afternoon. It was motivated, I suppose, by being the last man, 30 yards from goal, facing a lad you know to be far too pacey. Then the high line we defended at free kicks again, knowing we were too slow. Are we going to persist with players who don't count pace as one of their qualities? AVB tried this high line at Chelsea with disastrous results - shouldn't we abandon it before it's too late? Or at least play Rodwell to give the central defenders a bit of cover and additional height. This for me would be "moving on". But, as I watched Joleon measuring his length on the turf, I was reminded most uncomfortably of the way I, and many others, had laughed uproariously, two years ago, when John Terry had gone full length in a similar position, trying to defend a ridiculously high line, allowing Van Persie to run through and score for Arsenal.

Good post,

Dead right about avb and the high line.

The rags did the same in our title winning season too. after the sick swan massacre they ground out a load of 1-0 wins.

It's about winning when your not playing well and winning when you are playing well.

We've had pretty good starts the last few years, maybe this year we'll be there or thereabouts until it clicks and we'll really kick on after Christmas hopefully in the league and the knock out stages of the champions league.

FantasyIreland said:
I agree about Huddlestone,an excellent addition he would have made.

I even made a seperate thread,ask the mods.....

Yep. I said earlier on, he took the piss out of our "superstar" midfield at times.

Eaglechief said:
Rovertiger said:
Eaglechief said:

Thanks for your comments Rovertiger.

I don't want to sound patronising, but based on today's performance, your team are good enough to stay in the Premier League, although you do need to buy a decent striker!

A decent striker has been our problem for the last few seasons, the ones we've had couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. We had one of the lowest goals for tally last season and still got auto, still can't work that one out. Hopefully Bruce will pull someone out the bag before Monday night and it'll be the last piece in our jigsaw. I've followed my team since the 68/69 season and i've never enjoyed it more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.