Hull City post match thread

this must be the season when we start squeezing wins out of shit games as them guys cross town use to do. try recalling how bad they were looking last year and still were racking up points. pretty pretty content with the outcome.

Колобок said:
this must be the season when we start squeezing wins out of shit games as them guys cross town use to do. try recalling how bad they were looking last year and still were racking up points. pretty pretty content with the outcome.

You make a very good point there

CelesteItis said:
mat said:
Played shite but won.

And for the umpteenth time....

GIVE ZABBA THE CAPTAINS BAND!!!!!!

I want a leader not a poser.

^^^^^^
THIS! absolutely this.

I agree.

I really don't understand why Pellegrini put Yaya vice captain, he is not vocal and die hard enough in my opinion.

CelesteItis said:
mat said:
Played shite but won.

^^^^^^
THIS! absolutely this.
Fully in agreement. Zabba is a leader and always seems to raise his game when he is the Captain when Vinny is not playing.

Sometimes you just have to "win ugly".

Stoned Rose said:
East Level 2 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Huddlestone would walk into our squad.
So how come we missed him and he ended up in Hull? Or perhaps we've never had a manager who rated him; why?
Or could it be that he'd walk into our poorly performing side (today and last Sunday) but wouldn't have a chance the rest of the time?

I said squad not side.

He is better much than Garcia who currently occupies a place in our squad. Therefore he would walk into our squad.

Best player on the pitch today by the way.

Huddlestone had a pass completion of 76% and created on chance. Stunning!

Brisblu said:
CelesteItis said:
mat said:
Played shite but won.

^^^^^^
THIS! absolutely this.
Fully in agreement. Zabba is a leader and always seems to raise his game when he is the Captain when Vinny is not playing.

Sometimes you just have to "win ugly".

Whilst I agree a win is a win. We were promised attacking entertaining football. Last week we lacked tempo, passion and grit and determination. I thought we would have been out of the blocks and at them from the off today. We were very poor in the first half and Hull has some great chances. If they had gone in we would have been in a bad place with a mountain the climb. I am not convinced the players would have been up for the scrap. Whilst everyone comments about how poor the atmosphere is at home games, it makes me wonder if they can sense the lack of passion from the crowd, so patient, tippy, tappy football is ok. Whilst one touch passing football is ok for a while, the lack of event effect we all moaned about last year is still evident. Winning 2-0 is on paper a great result, but most people leaving the stadium felt short changed and that we were lucky to grab all three points. If this is the hall mark of champions, picking up the points when we have an off day; don't get me wrong I am happy...... but I also want to be entertained. I really hope they read and take on board everyone's comments and feedback and come back after the break to give Stoke a lesson in football and bang 6 past them playing with passion, grit and a never say die attitude, Give Zabba the armband !

If we play like we did today we will struggle to make the top 6
Lescott again looked shaky and not sold on Fernandinho or Navas yet
Yaya doesn't make a good captain for me and I think ZaBBA Iis best suited as he is more vocal and shows more leadership
Pleased for Negredo who looks like he could bag us a good few goals this season.
On another note Anyone know what's happened to Rodwell ?

Just writing to agree with the question mark over the Yaya captain choice, I'd go as far to say that he is one of the worse people we could pick.

I remember him being captain last year at Southampton :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.