Hull Vs City Post Match Thread

Would the FA want to ban Hart for the rest of the season with the world cup coming up? I'd be surprised.

Really impressed with that city performance today. The players showed a great attitude from start to finish.

Glad Edin got his goal, great work rate throughout but silva was magical today showing the world class player he is. And a special mention to Javi Garcia, fantastic job in both defence and midfield.

Under the circumstances, that was a tremendous performance.

My only complaints are that we wasted two great chances to wrap it up and that we gave the ball away too easily too often, even though it was not a frequent occurrence but we needed to avoid any cheap loss of possession.

Decent interview with elephant man.

Called the Hart incident as handbags. Stubbs desperate for Bruce to call it a headbutt.......wanker.

feedthegloat said:
KippaxCitizen said:
BlueMoonofKY said:
I rarely post on here, more of a lurker really, but I have no idea why people are slagging off Dzeko today. While defending a corner he saved almost a certain goal, and took his chance for his goal well. Sure he had one saved about 2 minutes earlier, but its not like it was a horrible miss. He worked fairly hard today, won some headers, and earned some free-kicks. Give him some slack.
He worked his bollocks off. He couldn't get into a sprint in the last few minutes.

He defended well from one corner yes, bit lets be real, he did lots and lots of running around but didn't actually do anything. Didn't win the ball, hold the ball up or get in the face of the Hull defence. Sorry if I'm way off the mark but that's what I'd want my lone striker to do, especially with ten men.

Sure there were times I was yelling at him to close down faster, but he did win quite a few balls today, and tracked back pretty much the whole game. His hold up play wasn't great today, but it was pretty much 3-4 against 1. Every man did their job today City. They should all be applauded.

KippaxCitizen said:
RyanP3609 said:
SiWatts90 said:
Really pushing this Hart headbut shite now, disgusting

It's a fucking hatchet job... utterly disgraceful.
Really? Because they started saying the Hull lad was spitting at Hart when he wasn't! People only see and hear what they want when it comes to the media.

I hadn't seen them mention the spitting until he'd just asked Bruce then. Still was all on Hart putting his head in, with Warnock leading the charge stating it was the same as the Pardew one.

And that, my lads, is the performance of a team that is hungry for another trophy.
Couple of general points first. The defence played the offside like a metronome. Really superb. They've often got it wrong this season, but not today. Everyone just fine, excellent performance by Clichy, creditable by Demichelis (can we admit that, please? Just this once?) Joe Hart, solid as a rock when called upon. His silly season a distant memory.
But that midfield! That midfield!! I just keep marvelling. At ten against eleven it was vital to keep possession, to dictate the game at our pace rather than letting them run away with it. Not one hint of panic, at any stage. Did anybody else savour those five, six - seven! - man interchanges, cool as you fuck, throughout the first half and for much of the second? It was unbelievable. We made them look as though they were a man down. And this brings me to the Magician, the man at the heart of just about everything we do. Is there anything left to say about Merlin? Superb goal, superb assist. O.k, so much is obvious, although not ever to be taken for granted. But did everybody notice the huge, monumental shift, 110%, that he put in, especially in the first half? Yes, you did. He was here, there, and every fucking where, tracking back, harrying, marking, tackling, breaking with the ball. Arguably his best performance of the season in a season of stellar performances. With Vinny gone, everyone knew that they had to step up a gear, but he stepped up two gears. At least. We could have won this game 4-0, with one man down. Think about the quality and guts that that shows.
Now a couple of very minor grouses. Silly reaction by Vinny, in my absolute honest opinion. Yes, he is fouled first, and that should be a card on the Hull player. But he is no novice, he is an experienced international. And you don't react. Second, it's not even a grouse. Yaya is virtually dead on his feet. He had nothing in the tank in the second half. He must be rested against Fulham, the schedule he's been on this season has been inhuman. Milner to step up please. Or someone. But give Yaya two weeks off, Mr. Pellegrini, so that he comes back like an Exocet for the final run-in.

St Ives blue said:
but what a great performance from Garcia who seems to be getting better and more confident each week.
Very proud of that!

I was just about to say, Hart was right when he said we'd need him today! The lad is doing better and better.

KippaxCitizen said:
RyanP3609 said:
SiWatts90 said:
Really pushing this Hart headbut shite now, disgusting

It's a fucking hatchet job... utterly disgraceful.
Really? Because they started saying the Hull lad was spitting at Hart when he wasn't! People only see and hear what they want when it comes to the media.

Funny though on the back of a fantastic performance with one of the best individual performances anyone will see all season that their main focus in the aftermatch discussions and interviews is Harts so called head butt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.