Hull vs. City Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueband Brother said:
I am a big fan of Shane long. He has style about him: style in his illusive and intelligent movements in the box, his finishing and deceptive pace,close control and technique, he is a very good player. That is the key to your season. I believe your manager has made some astute signings: Huddlestone, Livermore and of course the strike partnership of Jelavic and Long- that is premier league all day long.

Nonetheless we will be coming to your place with sores and annoyance and will be ready to make amends and send a message that City is ready to focus and launch a title push so I would not hope for anything from the match if I were you. But who knows? good luck for the rest of the season from Sunday and congratulations for getting to Wembley.

Long has been great; Jelavic is effective but Long has been the more impressive. Like I said, the 4 players you mention have done well but Curtis Davies has been Brucey's best signing, he really should have been in Roy's squad.

You're favourites, don't get me wrong, you're bound to be with your squad. I think I'm entitled to hope for a draw on the basis that your lads should hopefully be a bit leggy and you're not in your finest form like we saw earlier in the season.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Yaya Ferna
Nasri Aguero Silva
Negredo

Navas if Aguero is unfit.
Lescott if Nasty is unfit.

We really need a good win. On a bit of bad form and coming under scrutiny, but a big win would shut the critics up (for now) and would hopefully (re)kick-start our season. Looking forward to it.

Hull 1-3 City

Long
Yaya, Nasri, Negredo

Back down to earth and the bread and butter of the slog of the English Premier League and a trip to Hull - far less glamorous than Barcelona but we need the same level of performance.

Malty said:
Back down to earth and the bread and butter of the slog of the English Premier League and a trip to Hull - far less glamorous than Barcelona but we need the same level of performance.

Hopefully a much higher level of performance.

kun said:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Yaya Ferna
Nasri Aguero Silva
Negredo

Navas if Aguero is unfit.
Lescott if Nasty is unfit.

We really need a good win. On a bit of bad form and coming under scrutiny, but a big win would shut the critics up (for now) and would hopefully (re)kick-start our season. Looking forward to it.

Hull 1-3 City

Long
Yaya, Nasri, Negredo

Pellegrini will start with Negredo and Dzeko up front I'm sure of it.

Marvin said:
6one said:
Marvin said:
We absolutely need to rotate for this game...if the stand I players are judged ready

Kompany himself said after the game that the tank was empty

The drive they will have to win will overcome any tiredness.

Even if it was the case. A 10% fit Yaya or Fernandinho is better than Rodwell. Same applies to Richards/Zabaleta scenario.

We did keep the ball well last night. we weren't chasing. Kompany was more using a figure of speech to say we couldn't have tried harder. ie. no regrets. etc...
We were chasing the ball. No one more so than Fernandinho. You also have to take into account the nervous energy expended.

I thought Richards did a good job against Wigan. He could play. I agree it would be awkward to play Rodwell as he has barely played all season, which is not a good use of squad player. it means that when you need them, they might not be able to perform at the level required.

hes never fit

need a win , not a performance , scabby 1-0 or 2-1 , dont play aguero , we need him for rags , gooners , bindippers and scouse chippers away games.

4231, Silva-Nasri-Navas and Negredo starting. Wont trust Dzeko, he looked good vs Barca, but his attitude in PL away games vs lower opponents is horrible. He easily can turn his great attitude from Wednesday into something awful to Saturday, he proved it a few times before...

Not really sure Bruce will stick to their 2 striker formation, in his place I would pack the midfield in case Pelle goes with 4222 and try to outrun our midfield duo while help on the wings vs our wingers/fullbacks. Just like how Wigan did.

But if we start Demichelis no way Hull wont have something great coming from him. a pen, a red card, clear goalscoring chance from his mistake...

Hull will have the best performance of their life and makes us looks like crab. Everyone will say we lost our spirit/attack/whathaveyou, etc when we slowly try to get a crack at hull"s excellent 11men wall. 1-0 to city cause i'm an optimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.