Hull vs. City Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse Blue said:
paulchapo said:
Marvin said:
Based on Chelsea's results this season they should get to 86 points

If we're setting targets, then we need 29 points from 12 games to give us a good chance. 9 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat

It is doable if we can get some form and fluency back,our forwards stop misfiring and we finally have some luck with injuries.Given that we have Arsenal,Liverpool and the rags away it is going to be tough.

And one of our "bogey teams" Everton

Shit i had forgotten those buggers!! Too tall an order for me unless we suddenly get our fluency and form back as stated earlier.

paulchapo said:
Scouse Blue said:
paulchapo said:
It is doable if we can get some form and fluency back,our forwards stop misfiring and we finally have some luck with injuries.Given that we have Arsenal,Liverpool and the rags away it is going to be tough.

Shit i had forgotten those buggers!! Too tall an order for me unless we suddenly get our fluency and form back as stated earlier.

Yeah, see what you mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ab-pYgm-8g[/youtube]

Scouse Blue said:

Call Everton a bogey team...we haven't won away at Hull in the league for 105 years!

Would be absolutely delighted with a scrappy, dogged, gritty, 1-0 win from this one.

As said in a previous post, Bruce will have Hull bang up for it.

Would play Navas in this one to exploit the space available by Hull playing 3 centre backs. Would be worried that if we played both Silva and Nasri, we'd just constantly end up running out of space and we'd become too easy and predictable to defend against.

Also vital we don't let Huddlestone dictate the game. He always seems to play well against us. If Hull are to win, he'll be a vital part of it. Fernandinho and Garcia should nullify him reasonably though.

Team: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Navas, Silva, Dzeko

Subs: Pantilimon, Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Nasri, Lopes, Negredo

blueincy said:
paulchapo said:
Scouse Blue said:

Yeah, see what you mean.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ab-pYgm-8g[/youtube]

Yep that was at home,it is a different story at Goodison.

Edited to wipe off Youtube Clip.

Yep that was at home,it is a different story at Goodison.[/quote]

Different tactics, different Manger or should I say Managers. I Don't go for all this Bogey team malarkey, Did we not just Beat Sunderland in the Capital One Cup, Supposedly are bogey team? The Team and Quality of Players we have at our disposal at this moment in time should be smashing teams like this no matter how hard they try, Home or away. It's still grass we play on and virtually the same size pitch is it not? If not we have more of an advantage with having one of the biggest pitches in the prem, less running smaller Diamonds.

Motty said:
Scouse Blue said:

Call Everton a bogey team...we haven't won away at Hull in the league for 105 years!

Would be absolutely delighted with a scrappy, dogged, gritty, 1-0 win from this one.

As said in a previous post, Bruce will have Hull bang up for it.

Would play Navas in this one to exploit the space available by Hull playing 3 centre backs. Would be worried that if we played both Silva and Nasri, we'd just constantly end up running out of space and we'd become too easy and predictable to defend against.

Also vital we don't let Huddlestone dictate the game. He always seems to play well against us. If Hull are to win, he'll be a vital part of it. Fernandinho and Garcia should nullify him reasonably though.

Team: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Garcia, Fernandinho, Yaya, Navas, Silva, Dzeko

Subs: Pantilimon, Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Nasri, Lopes, Negredo

The press make it sound dramatic, it's actually 4 draws 4 losses in the League. We actually won in the FA Cup there in 1970 0-1 as someone has mentioned on this thread already. Like your Rony on the bench, I think he should be given more chances.

We should win this one Hull have quite a poor recent record at home (last 8 WDLWLDLL) an ugly 1 - 0 win will do me tho, I'm looking for a good response after what was a creditable performance if ultimately too big an ask on Wednesday night shame we've lost Kun again (his fragility is starting to worry me) looks like another 2 weeks.

City1974 said:
With Chelsea's lead 9 points we need to ensure that we win at Hull, and keep winning until we have played our games in hand and close on Chelsea and anyone else.
Lose on Saturday and go 12 points behind Chelsea and that is the title over for us I believe, and we then have a battle to ensure a top 3 place, with Liverpool in such good form in particular, and a loss may even also give Spurs, Everton and even Man Utd a glimmer of catching us especially as we still have to play both Utd and Everton away.

Could the doomsday scenario occur where we lose at Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd and Everton (and maybe even Hull) and in fact get caught by one or more from Everton, Spurs or Utd ?

Will we we be hoping that Man Utd beat Liverpool on Sunday or of we win at Hull is that outcome not as important ?

We have not played well since Spurs away and with none of our strikers scoring since that day either and Aguero now possibly injured yet again, there is a slight worry that the season could end badly.

If we finished 5th would Pellegrini still be manager at the start of next season because we have won the League Cup ?

Where do you think we will finish now in the League ?

What do you think will be the outcomes of the remaining fixtures . My predictions as follows ?

Hull (A) - Draw - 1 pt
Fulham (H) - Win - 3 pts
Utd (A) - Draw - 1 pt
Arsenal (A) - Lose - 0 pts
Southampton (H) - Win 3 pts
Liverpool (A) - Lose - 0 pts
WBA (H) - Win - 3 pts
Crystal Place (A) - Win - 3 pts
Everton (A) - Lose - 0 pts
West Ham (H) - Win - 3 pts
and
Sunderland (H) - Win - 3 pts
Aston Villa (H) - Win - 3 pts

Thus 23 pts from last 36 pts to give us a total of 80 pts - Not enough to win the league but likely enough to finish 2nd or 3rd ?

Thoughts, predictions ?

Thoughts? I think that you are a cheerful sort........there was better news in the doomsday book

hulls last home game they folded against newcastle and lost 4-1 , you can bet they will be a totally different side against us , and take into consideration we havent won their in the league 108 years , (all of 7 games i think) a pointless media stastistic . But we need to put pressure on chelsea its an early kick off and we can get within 6 points , and hope mourinhos "little horses" cock it up at Villa.

For my sins I've just watched the home match against Hull again (yes I'm a sad fuck who records every match and watches them time and time again)
Our home match was no walk in the park, that's for sure, and although we eventually won 2-0 it could've been so different and they caused us a multitude of problems so don't expect Saturdays game to be an easy match or even a winnable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.