Hull vs. City Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
no easy games

no room for complacency

the manager needs to instill a sense of urgency in our last remaining competition this season

every game is now a cup final if we are to win the league again

Ed2607 said:
For my sins I've just watched the home match against Hull again (yes I'm a sad fuck who records every match and watches them time and time again)
Our home match was no walk in the park, that's for sure, and although we eventually won 2-0 it could've been so different and they caused us a multitude of problems so don't expect Saturdays game to be an easy match or even a winnable game.

Agreed . It's going to be tough but if our boys have the right mentality they will do it . Hull are definately not going to park the bus IMO . They will have a go from the off which will give us space . I've a feeling about the particular hard away games in that they may present a better psychological advantage precisely because they are away and in one sense Utd Liverpool etc will want to win those games so the pressure is even . It all hopefully will allow us space to play football . We know that parking the bus works against City but are teams going to employ that tactic for all of the next 12 games ??
First of all , let's see if Hull come out all guns blazing . Cmon City . Attitude paramount !!!

A stress free game with a nice 2 goal half time cushion followed by a second half cruise would certainly be nice.

if Palace, Southampton, Newcastle and the rags can win there then so can we

Feeling pessimistic. If this game has taken place between last October and January I would have felt very confident.

But since Spurs away when was the last time we really played well. When was the last time one of our strikers looked in real form? Hull away won't be easy and with our central defensive "issues" we always look like conceding.

Hopefully though like after Arsenal away in our Premiership winning season we now after going out of the Champs League go on a run.

Today we will see the real City

I will base my judgement of Pellegrini's management on today's performance

We need 3 points regardless of what anyone else does. Even if Chelsea drop points there will be other weeks when it's the other way round. And Arsenal and Liverpool are still too close for comfort.

So a gritty performance, please - backs to the wall and no excuses. Then repeat 11 times.

The fancy, free-scoring stuff was marvellous to watch. Kicking on from the current point will show whether players and manager have a winning mentality.

12 cup finals left.

Dont care how we do it but we have to find our goalscoring form again.

Do that and we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.