Hurricane Irma - coming my way!

Advice needed from somebody ITK, me and Mrs Up North are thinking of booking a late deal in Dominican Republic, from about 25th this month. We have not been before. Should we be alright? Thanks.

My wife will not travel to the Caribbean between the beginning of June and the beginning of Dec.
Anything can happen.

Was caught up in Hurricane Georges in the Dominican Republic in 1998 and its a proper scary experience, furniture was sucked out of the Hotel by the pressure.

Stay safe blue

Who knows what follows behind this one. In Florida, hurricane season is deemed to be 1st May to 1st November. In my three years here September is the wacky month when anything goes!
I've booked on a cruise 8th - 12th October to the Bahamas - so here's hoping for a smooth ride (or at least an island not wrecked when we arrive there!)

If you arrive.

Was caught up in Hurricane Georges in the Dominican Republic in 1998 and its a proper scary experience, furniture was sucked out of the Hotel by the pressure.

Stay safe blue
I got hit by Ike when I was in Cuba back in 2008, the eye went right over where we were. It really is something you can't really describe. The noise is just something else, and then in the space of minutes it goes eerily quiet, but you know its minutes before it comes back and they did tell us the 2nd part is often stronger than the first. Glad I had me a good bottle of duty free rum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.