Hurricane Milton

My mobile home, insurance is S1000 a month. Needless to say I don't have insurance.
I paid $32,000 cash for it 3 and a half years ago which was 42 months ago. Do the maths.
We were looking at buying a one-bedroom apartment in Florida a couple of years ago, prices seemed really good and as you know we love cruise ships and there are loads in Florida... what put us off was the cost of management fees and especially insurance... it was astronomical.
Planning on going there in April and doing some cruises but we will just use Airbnb inbetween them.

We were looking at buying a one-bedroom apartment in Florida a couple of years ago, prices seemed really good and as you know we love cruise ships and there are loads in Florida... what put us off was the cost of management fees and especially insurance... it was astronomical.
Planning on going there in April and doing some cruises but we will just use Airbnb inbetween them.
The HOAs everywhere are getting ridiculous, and insurance is out of control.

What cost $10,000 to rebuild pre-pandemic now costs $25,000, but the insurance premiums didn’t reflect the added claims losses. Insurance companies aren’t charities, so not only are they making sure they don’t get caught out again, but they’ve got losses to overcome!

Throw in the 40-50 year old construction of the wave of 70s & 80s homes made out of spit and Kleenex, and the ridiculous mark-ups on homes and a $20,000 build shitbox that now sells for $200,000 will be $300,000 to rebuild!

I'm watching a live report on sky news from Tampa in Florida and although it's very windy with torrential rain the reporter is standing there chatting comfortably. There is no struggling to stay on his feet. Or course other areas may be hit harder and I guess a surge could cause flooding. He looks fine there though.

HOA fees and insurance costs are the killer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.