Hurricane Milton

Thanks for the reply, I hope you all come through it safely and with as little damage as possible.

I was in Tampa in the early eighties and actually went to a football game. The Tampa Bay Rowdies v the Jacksonville Teamen. It ended up a draw and Archie Gemmill played for the Teamen.
Isn't that where Rodney Marsh went?

I remember him saying English football is a grey game played by grey people in grey weather.... something like that.

Looks like the damage from storm surge and wind has been minimal in comparison to the warnings originally stated upon approach. Whilst this is great in terms of reduced casualties and financial damage, it does raise the question many Floridians ask as to whether the mass evacuation was necessary and required.

I guess until daylight the extent won’t be an accurate picture, but I’ve not seen anything to suggest a large storm surge along the coastline. The only flooding seems to be from the large quantities of rainfall.

Hope everyone with friends or family there stays safe. My mate on holiday there with his wife and kids. He's sent me few videos from during the night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.