Hurricane Milton

Looks like the damage from storm surge and wind has been minimal in comparison to the warnings originally stated upon approach. Whilst this is great in terms of reduced casualties and financial damage, it does raise the question many Floridians ask as to whether the mass evacuation was necessary and required.

I guess until daylight the extent won’t be an accurate picture, but I’ve not seen anything to suggest a large storm surge along the coastline. The only flooding seems to be from the large quantities of rainfall.
Well the mass evacuation was based on the storm being predicted to be greater than the one 2 weeks ago which brought wide spread flooding and major damage.
To not have issued evacuation orders and the worst happened would have been politically disastrous for those involved.

And in the Tampa area itself where the direct hit was predicted, the hurricane should be called Hurricane Nunez as it missed its intended target, thus preventing a worse situation in Tampa (though not in Sarasota)

Of course it could be anonymous. I applaud the gesture though.

Think it was George Michael who it came out after his death had been giving away millions but all on condition of anonymity.

On topic, if Florida is in the position at the end of this of debating whether the evacuation was even necessary then that will be a great result given the scenario it thought it was looking at.

Yes you're right on both counts. Rodney had left then but the staff still remembered him. I bought a t shirt with ", Soccer is just a kick in the grass" on it lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.