Hurricane Milton

It is becoming impossible to afford to live in these coastal areas. I am over here in Florida at the moment and on a news report it says a lot of insurance companies are going bust or not offering home insurance in these areas. Insurance costs up to $20000 per year to insurance a normal sized single storey house

Why would you want to live in a coastal area like Florida which is prone to hurricanes and storms on a massive scale and likely to become more frequent ?

Yes tried to send a picture yesterday but it wouldn't load.
My daughter went today and sent me these pics and a few videos.
A few panels from the car port went for a flight as some.of the roof on the front screened porch.
Fortunately the house itself was fine. Not a drop of rain inside and no damage anywhere on the outside. So whilst it wasn't ideal what happened it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
Still no power yet.
View attachment 134657
View attachment 134658
Fortunately nobody was hurt and the repair work needed doesn’t look as if it will take that long

Why would you want to live in a coastal area like Florida which is prone to hurricanes and storms on a massive scale and likely to become more frequent ?
I’ve lived here for 9 years and it’s the 4th hurricane in the area and the only one to cause damage, the other 3 were ‘weakening’ by the time the came near the area. That’s 8 days out of 3,200 odd days.

Yes tried to send a picture yesterday but it wouldn't load.
My daughter went today and sent me these pics and a few videos.
A few panels from the car port went for a flight as some.of the roof on the front screened porch.
Fortunately the house itself was fine. Not a drop of rain inside and no damage anywhere on the outside. So whilst it wasn't ideal what happened it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
Still no power yet.
View attachment 134657
View attachment 134658
Do u feel youve had a win?

I’ve lived here for 9 years and it’s the 4th hurricane in the area and the only one to cause damage, the other 3 were ‘weakening’ by the time the came near the area. That’s 8 days out of 3,200 odd days.

Fair point and obviously Florida is an amazing place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.