Hurricane Milton

That’s the thing. My home is in Riverview - 12 or so miles from downtown Tampa and 45 / 50 mins from Clearwater / St Pete and about the same south to Bradenton beach. So a bit like Manchester to Blackpool travel wise (both are slightly nearer distance wise but as you come off the highway you then have traffic light after traffic light.
So you don’t have to buy near to the coast as inland is accessible and also cheaper!

If you are over 55 and interested in a hurricane proof (Cat 3) mobile home just outside Tampa then let me know ;)
Would you except a very nice bridge in the tristate area in exchange?

That’s the thing. My home is in Riverview - 12 or so miles from downtown Tampa and 45 / 50 mins from Clearwater / St Pete and about the same south to Bradenton beach. So a bit like Manchester to Blackpool travel wise (both are slightly nearer distance wise but as you come off the highway you then have traffic light after traffic light.
So you don’t have to buy near to the coast as inland is accessible and also cheaper!

If you are over 55 and interested in a hurricane proof (Cat 3) mobile home just outside Tampa then let me know ;)
Slightly more mobile now as some of the weight is off the roof

I do think it is a fairly safe prediction that these major hurricanes hitting the gulf coast are likely to become more frequent as the years pass, though. And certainly on the Wast coast. Many areas like Miami and the Keys already flood in fairly mundane storms—it will only get worse as heavier rain and storm surge becomes more regular.

That’s based on not only independent climate forecasts but also insurer (and reinsurer) actuary forecasts, hence the property insurance crisis in Florida.

So is buying property in Florida a good long term investment?
There was something on the news this week saying it’s not so much that they’re going to become more frequent as they haven’t noticed an upwards trend with frequency, but it’s that they’re going to become more intense.

The warmer the sea water, the faster and then bigger than storms become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.