Huw Edwards - 6 month suspended sentence (pg 107)

They can try and distance themselves using whatever language they choose but the facts remain that the BBC has employed a long list of serial abusers, sexual predators and paedophiles. The Government should be asking a lot more questions of the organisation.

Like what? It’s not as if they’re knowingly hiring them in the first place and considering it as an attribute or have some futuristic powers.

They can hold themselves to scrutiny of how they deal with them once it’s found out but then so can every media organisation.

Like what? It’s not as if they’re knowingly hiring them in the first place and considering it as an attribute or have some futuristic powers.

They can hold themselves to scrutiny of how they deal with them once it’s found out but then so can every media organisation.
They can show some fucking humility and stop pretending to be shocked when yet another of their high profile presenters is found guilty of serious sexual criminality.

If it was consistent with the guidelines then there would be no need to use phrases such as "you need to be made an example of" as this smacks of a reactionary and emotive judgement, almost influenced politically to determine the sentence.

Or its consistent with the guidelines that have been place since 1970 and they employed in 2011 for the riots then, some in the BLM protests and even more recently the just stop oil protestors.

It seems people will be more defensive of
It depending on whether it’s a cause they partly agree with or not. Thankfully the justice system doesn’t work like that.

To reiterate, I don’t agree personally with the sentencing guidelines at all for a few of those.

They can show some fucking humility and stop pretending to be shocked when yet another of their high profile presenters is found guilty of serious sexual criminality.

You mean like reporting on it consistently and issuing an apology? What other news organisations report on themselves or their employees to the levels the BBC do?

He's not that's bang out of order, he has said he thinks he should be in jail.

Anyway the fucker should have been banged up and the only consolation is he will be afraid eveytime he goes out in public for the rest of his life.

The thing that gets me is he had five children. I can’t think of a worse punishment than spending the rest of your life alienated from your close family and them all knowing what you’ve done. He’s going to have to spend the rest of his life living with that, which to me would be far worse than any threat of physical violence or the opinion of others.

I feel more emotion for his children and the ones that were exploited for his gratification than I do for him as he’s tainted all of their lives forever too. Reading the judgement, it did make me think about when this all started too as it’s clearly linked to his own childhood and how the actions of someone decades ago can have such long lasting implications.

That last point I thinks pertinent in terms of prevention. You don’t stop another Edwards by locking him up, you stop it by stopping the source of the problem in the first place. Fuck knows how though, he’s an example of it hiding in plain sight as much as anyone.

It’s all horrendous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.