Huw Edwards - pleaded guilty (pg 98) - sentencing Sept

Not to be pedantic but its probably worth remembering that he has not got off with it, he has pleaded guilty and now has convictions for it. Sentencing is a different issue. Doubtful he will get a custodial sentence going off similar cases across the country. Not for one minute saying that is right before any pile on ensues. Im assuming he has no previous convictions, and his life is quite rightly ruined with reputation shot forever. Judge may consider all this.
He'll be presenting the news on Talk Sport when he comes out.

Then they wonder why people refuse to pay the license fee....BBC pay disgusting wages considering it's funded by a tax on people.
100k cap Max.......If Lineker leaves.....he leaves.
Exactly. I wont pay for a licence that funds paedophiles, I hardy watch BBC anyway and when I do it's on my iptv app. And technically it's not a live stream so those pesky licence door knockers will be politely told to fuck off, or not politely told to fuck off when they come calling . Depends what mood I'm in.

He'll get off with a suspended sentence no doubt, remarks made citing his "good character" and "the suffering his mental health has taken" and his pleading guilty will no doubt be wheeled out when allowing this nonce and paedophile to escape prison.
The BBC is already distancing themselves from these events as best they can.
If Edwards had any excuse, he'd have taken the images to the police as soon as he received them so they could be investigated and the paedophile ring he was part of could have been broken. He did not. He kept them and would still be "enjoying them" if his sordid secrets hadn't come to light.

Contractually the BBC may have had to pay him his salary if he was off sick. But im pretty sure they contractually didnt have to give him a payrise. Unbelievable decision.

The Metropolitan Police said a 25-year-old paedophile called Alex Williams, who was sentenced to a suspended 12-month jail sentence at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court in Wales on 15 March, had shared indecent images of children with Edwards.

Nice to see convicted paedophiles are getting suspended sentences these days.

He has pleaded guilty so won’t get off as such.
However ,there is serious mitigation
He has also lost everything ( I’m not sympathetic btw)and like you say they were sent to him,like you, I suspect it will be a light sentence and sex offenders register for him.
It will be. Here is a case from my town that didn’t get jailed! Sounds like he even kept his job!!

He'll get off with a suspended sentence no doubt, remarks made citing his "good character" and "the suffering his mental health has taken" and his pleading guilty will no doubt be wheeled out when allowing this nonce and paedophile to escape prison.
Two for three so far.

Edwards's barrister Philip Evans KC told the court: "There’s no suggestion in this case that Mr Edwards has... in the traditional sense of the word, created any image of any sort."
He added that Edwards "did not keep any images, did not send any to anyone else and did not and has not sought similar images from anywhere else".
Mr Evans also said the former broadcaster had experienced "both mental and physical" health issues.
The barrister told the court his client "was not just of good character, but of exceptional character".

“Breaking nooooows now, and reports are reaching us that Huw Edwards, that’s me, is looking at 10 years porridge in a venue called, it says here, Stangeways. We’ll keep you updated as the story develops.”

Contractually the BBC may have had to pay him his salary if he was off sick. But im pretty sure they contractually didnt have to give him a payrise. Unbelievable decision.
Think I read somewhere that the extra was for him commentating on the Queen’s funeral as it was outside his normal duties.

It was a while back though, so not certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.