Hyde United

scall said:
I thought the name change was because Hyde United FC went under (wound up by HMRC?), and Hyde FC was created?

City haven't "bought out" Hyde, they've just invested a lot of money into the club and stadium. The Elite Development Squad play their games there, and as part of the deal, CITC sponsor Hyde FC, and City have had the infrastructure at Ewan Fields improved.

No we were not wound up we paid all the money back to the taxman. We changed our name because it is the 125th anniversary of football in Hyde so we went back to our roots. Which mean't changing our name and home kit colour. from red to white.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:17 am --<br /><br />
Clubber said:
They were originally called Hyde FC, changed to Hyde United and have now reverted back to their original name, probably because of the link with us.

Oh and yes that as well but to me without your help we wouldn't be here so I am grateful as are most of the Hyde fans.

mrn1981 said:
Hi, Does anybody know if the City reserve league games at Hyde are still free entry for season ticket holders like a few years ago when we used to play at Hyde.

I know you normally have to pay for senior cup games like the City vs Utd game a few weeks ago.

The OS states £3 entry for the Villa game tomorrow. Not got a problem with paying it. Just wondered thats all.

Thanks

Went to game v Arsenal Res the other week and it was £3 to get in including Seasoncard holders. Like you though, no complaints. Presumably Hyde are picking up every penny and it would be good to see them back on their feet and leading the Tameside non-league scene.
TIGER FEET said:
On Saturday the 9th October there are NO Premiership or Championship matches and we have a game against Boston United at Ewen Fields 3pm kick off.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hydefc.co.uk/newsarticle.php?id=239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hydefc.co.uk/newsarticle.php?id=239</a>

Please come along to the match if you can support the Tigers in this tough game, like you have done in renovating our ground.

You will all be welcomed with open arms, so please come along and help make this a day to remember for both Hyde Fc and Manchester City working together.

Regards

Phil Chadwick
Hyde Fc
Transport Manager

Good shout, Phil and I would be there if I wasn't watching Maine Road F.C v New Mills.

Maine Road have a 'massive' FA Vase game this Saturday (2nd) at home to AFC Blackpool @ Brantingham Road M21 0TT Admission £5 (Concessions £3). It would be great to see some City fans down wearing their colours and cheering Road into the next round. The £900 prize money would be a Godsend to us!!

Hyde Fc

Just a quick reminder to any Manchester City fans wanting a football fix this Saturday

On Saturday the 9th October there are NO Premiership or Championship matches and we have a game against Boston United at Ewen Fields 3pm kick off.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hydefc.co.uk/newsarticle.php?id=239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hydefc.co.uk/newsarticle.php?id=239</a>

Please come along to the match if you can support the Tigers in this tough game, like you have done in renovating our ground.

You will all be welcomed with open arms, so please come along and help make this a day to remember for both Hyde Fc and Manchester City working together.

Regards

Phil Chadwick
Hyde Fc
Transport Manager

We will be glad to meet any new fans and enjoy a good game of non league football.

Hope you can make it

Re: Hyde Fc

TIGER FEET said:
Just a quick reminder to any Manchester City fans wanting a football fix this Saturday

Regards

Phil Chadwick
Hyde Fc
Transport Manager

We will be glad to meet any new fans and enjoy a good game of non league football.

Hope you can make it

Now this seems a good idea. I went last night to the Reserves, sorry the Elite Development team. It is a cracking ground.

You would be made most welcome the food is better and the waiting times are down now we have "younger" people running the tea bar. The club house isn't the best but it's the character of the place that set's it apart. Plus the club shop is in the club house too so buy a memento or two.

But on a serious note we need all the support we can get and if we can get a a few of you guys down here it helps us out too and you may even like watching us and then come back when City are not playing.

TIGER FEET said:
You would be made most welcome the food is better and the waiting times are down now we have "younger" people running the tea bar. The club house isn't the best but it's the character of the place that set's it apart. Plus the club shop is in the club house too so buy a memento or two.

But on a serious note we need all the support we can get and if we can get a a few of you guys down here it helps us out too.

By "younger" Tiger Feet do you mean under 65 or under 30 ? because these young un's under 30 don't know how to make a proper brew !

But seriously, it is a cracking ground with terracing for us traditional types and posh seats for the Tarquins (Happy Clappys) I am making a few phone calls already as it beats the hell out of wandering around B and Q with 'er indoors.

Blue Mist said:
TIGER FEET said:

But on a serious note we need all the support we can get and if we can get a a few of you guys down here it helps us out too.

By "younger" Tiger Feet do you mean under 65 or under 30 ? because these young un's under 30 don't know how to make a proper brew !

But seriously, it is a cracking ground with terracing for us traditional types and posh seats for the Tarquins (Happy Clappys) I am making a few phone calls already as it beats the hell out of wandering around B and Q with 'er indoors.

Fair point under 65 about 40 ish I think but don't say anything lol.

Same here regarding the missus don't know what I would do without Hyde on a Saturday, Garden Centre's spring to mind.

More the merrier bring all 40,000 if you can!!

Either the 204 or the 201 from near Picadilly Station if the bus stop is still there.

Directions can be found via the below link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hydefc.co.uk/matchday.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hydefc.co.uk/matchday.php</a>

If you get the 201 ask to be dropped off at Morrisons in Hyde. When you get to Morrisons get off and head towards the Sportsman Pub on the left hand side. Cross at the lights and walk up Lumn Road past the church and then look left and you will see the ground. Carry on walking up till you see the off licence on the right and the boarded up pub on the left. Turn left at the pub and carry on walking towards the leisure centre. Once at the leisure centre look left and you can't miss the ground. Walk along the grass patch and then you will enter the football ground car park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.