Hypothetically, if we lose the appeal, how would we cope?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cibaman, 16 Feb 2020.

1. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    To cover all the bases just in case, get Sheikh Mansour to pay a visit to the Etihad for the home game against Madrid in a blacked out 76 seater coach, spewing 100's of £50 notes out of the windows as it goes along Ashton New Road whilst blarting out the Chumps League ditty at full blast..

Get him to pull up outside the UEFA deligates stadium entrance and say

"I'm looking for Khaldoon as I have half a billion pounds in cash on the bus (minus a fair few £50 pound notes obviously) to invest in City but don't tell them greasy UEFA people as they are a bunch of ****'s" ..

Thank him for his assistance and stick a handful of 50's in his top pocket (he'll like that).. then drive the bus around the back for unloading..!

Fcuk' em..!

2. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    Let’s hope we don’t come back late at half time in Madrid, that really will finish us.

3. blue aura

blue aura

Yes

4. cibaman

cibaman

I’m sure we would lose a few of our star players and others are close to retirement. But our players are generally very well paid, on good contracts. So I think we might be able to hold onto players such as Bernardo, Ederson, Mahrez, Mendy etc. At least most of them. I don’t see the squad being decimated. I think the need to ensure that we comply with FFP might mean that we would not be able to compete with Liverpool for the PL title for the next two seasons. A top 6 finish next year as we go through transition would be fine by me, but it’s essential we finish Top 4 the following season.

5. 117 M34

117 M34

If we are going to be banned, it would be better to just get it over with and have it for the next 2 seasons.
    If it's delayed for a year, it will still affect our recruitment as players may not want to come if they won't be in champion's league for 2 years in years 2 and 3.

6. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    it wouldn't be nice, there wuld be some damages, but I'm ure you know better than me that this club coped with bigger shit and is strong enough to come back to the top.

7. BLUEMATT23

BLUEMATT23

Were not going to lose
    It will get overturned.

bavarian blue and dave_blue12 like this.
  8. berryblue

berryblue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Where do I stand on Ashton new road ro pick up these £50s up please. ;-D???

9. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

In this years Champs League we’ve played Dynamo Zagreb, Shaktar Donetsk and Atalanta - if any player wants to leave on the strength of not playing in an ‘elite’ competition then they know where the door is

If the ban is upheld then it will effect the club from a sponsorship and recruitment perspective. Selling good players and buying cheap ones is very rarely a positive strategy but a City team with 11 top players and a bench full of youth, with not European competition would still finish 1st or 2nd

There are loads of shit teams in the division and the PL money is significant

10. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Maybe we will start doing something we should have been doing for years and that’s trusting some of the academy lads.

Mike Brock and i♥city! like this.