I am never!

The 12th Man said:
I always thought that chant was disgusting and would never join in with it, it's a shame the Carlos Tevez is a Blue chant finishes in that way, that needs to be sorted out as a lot of fellow Blues tend to not finish that chant off, it usually starts off strong and trails a bit at that point.

it is being sorted according to papers......................hes going to inter

No offense OP but its a bit depressing that it took a dramatised account featuring Dr Who for you to see common sense and pledge future decency.
Rather than the facts you must have been perfectly aware of previously of 23 human beings dying in such awful circumstances.

But fair play to you. At least, hopefully, there will be one less blue rejoicing in death and misery.

What really pisses me off about the Munich chants is that we have so so much to take the piss/abuse them for. Why allow the scummy c***s the moral high ground?

MCFC BOB said:
You shouldn't have been doing anyway. 'Carlos Tevez is a Blue...' is a great song until they mention that he 'hates Munichs'. It's horrible.
Not to mention Frank Swift.

I really can't understand what compels those City fans (I reluctantly call them fans) to chant Munich

I've called rags a few choice names down the years , but 'Munich' has never been one of them , and it never will be either .......

what happened there on that fateful day isn't for anyone to mock ... or it shouldn't be!

Lucky Toma said:
No offense OP but its a bit depressing that it took a dramatised account featuring Dr Who for you to see common sense and pledge future decency.
Rather than the facts you must have been perfectly aware of previously of 23 human beings dying in such awful circumstances.

But fair play to you. At least, hopefully, there will be one less blue rejoicing in death and misery.

What really pisses me off about the Munich chants is that we have so so much to take the piss/abuse them for. Why allow the scummy c***s the moral high ground?

It's not even about wanting to give them the morale high ground for me, I just don't feel the urge to mock the death of 23 human beings whatever the circumstance, in fact I find it absoulutely fucking disgusting that people do this sort of thing.

beano46 said:
Lucky Toma said:

It's not even about wanting to give them the morale high ground for me, I just don't feel the urge to mock the death of 23 human beings whatever the circumstance, in fact I find it absoulutely fucking disgusting that people do this sort of thing.

Absolutely.

black mamba said:
I've called rags a few choice names down the years but 'Munich' has never been one of them , and it never will be either .......

what happened there isn't for anyone to mock ,or it shouldn't be!
Agree 100%.

That said, United fans are just as guilty of mocking/drawing attention to other tragedies as some blues, Liverpool and Leeds fans are of singing about Munich. Hillsborough, Heysel, Foe and the Leeds fans stabbed in Turkey in particular. It's simply a vicious circle and the sooner it stops the better because it's not something you want to hear.

Halfpenny said:
black mamba said:
I've called rags a few choice names down the years but 'Munich' has never been one of them , and it never will be either .......

what happened there isn't for anyone to mock ,or it shouldn't be!
Agree 100%.

That said, United fans are just as guilty of mocking/drawing attention to other tragedies as some blues, Liverpool and Leeds fans are of singing about Munich. Hillsborough, Heysel, Foe and the Leeds fans stabbed in Turkey in particular. It's simply a vicious circle and the sooner it stops the better because it's not something you want to hear.

Yeah , you're quite right ...... some United fans (though not all) are certainly no angels , that's for sure !

Good thread. Regrettably I can't claim the same moral high ground that most replying have been able to do to that they never have sung about the disaster. When I started going to away games in the 80s I joined in with the full repertoire of Munich songs but some time in the 90s I grew up and became a human being. We need to lose the reference to rags as Munichs once and for all. So much the better if this programme tonight has helped a few people to wake up to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.