I am very puzzled and quite frankly slightly hurt.

This society is deeply ageist. 'Work then retire then your a useless burden.' I strongly believe people improve with age and that the youngest and oldest generations always have a lot to learn from each other
I had a revelation when I was seventeen. I was in a hotel lounge bar with my girlfriend (now wife), when an old guy sat down next to us asking if we minded.
turns out he was a WW1 veteran and then successful businessman and we sat enthralled as he told us about his life, the war, building his business and the things he had seen and done. He did it a way that wasn’t boastful at all, just factual and deeply intellegent and compassionate. It did change the way I thought about age and made me a great deal more respectful of my elders.
one of those memories that stay with you always.

I ignored old people when I was young, they were crusty and not involved or understanding of the new world. And how wrong I was.

And round and round we go. Its our turn now.

But be happy, it will be theirs soon too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.