I am very puzzled and quite frankly slightly hurt.

Lewis Hamilton is a pompous prick. Offended by everything. If he isn't in the limelight he will come out with some shit to make him feel relevant. You EB are a credit to your family, friends,profession and neighbourhood.
Morning, Bernie.

We now live in Spain where older people are respected..

Our Healthcare is more intense as we get older and hospital treatment respects my age (in my 80s) and treats us like it should as fully paid up members of their NHS equivalent.

Our Spanish neighbour's give us fruit and vegetables throughout the year and every Sunday they
get family visits with cars sometimes queuing to see grandparents.
OK the pace of life here in rural Spain is different but we notice such friendly acceptance of us as well as respect from all ages for our age.

Yeah, treating people differently due to some arbitrary out-of-control factor (e.g. age) is always wrong in my books.

Hamilton is probably a weird example to reference, though. He's spent his whole life being on the end of all manners of passive and active, selected and systematic and direct and indirect racism from primarily an older crowd (at least within the industry). He's probably entitled to hit back after what's happened recently with Piquet and Ecclestone.

Saying that when he says 'older', I'm not sure he's referring to old as in age, more so as in perspective. That is people who have an outdated viewpoint rather than people who happen to be beyond middle age.

Yeah, treating people differently due to some arbitrary out-of-control factor (e.g. age) is always wrong in my books.

Hamilton is probably a weird example to reference, though. He's spent his whole life being on the end of all manners of passive and active, selected and systematic and direct and indirect racism from primarily an older crowd (at least within the industry). He's probably entitled to hit back after what's happened recently with Piquet and Ecclestone.

Saying that when he says 'older', I'm not sure he's referring to old as in age, more so as in perspective. That is people who have an outdated viewpoint rather than people who happen to be beyond middle age.

He should have said cunts.

Our Healthcare is more intense as we get older and hospital treatment respects my age (in my 80s) and treats us like it should as fully paid up members of their NHS equivalent.

Our Spanish neighbour's give us fruit and vegetables throughout the year and every Sunday they
OK the pace of life here in rural Spain is different but we notice such friendly acceptance of us as well as respect from all ages for our age.
It's not like that in Magaluf!

;-)

Yes I’m really sorry I used Lewis as an example because I had totally misinterpreted his remarks. I’m sorry about that. Lewis had had racism to contend with all his life.

Do all pensioners in Spain still get a free holiday during the quiet tourist season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.