I am willing to give Hughes an extra season at least.

I fluctuate hugely in my opinions of Hughes.

Didn't want him originally, then slowly warmed to him, then decided enough was enough after Fulham. After the Hamburg home game I think we should give him another year. I'm tired and bored of constrantly changing manager - United, Arsenal, and Liverpool point towards stability. If we underachieve next year again then he has to go.

Ric said:
I fluctuate hugely in my opinions of Hughes.

Didn't want him originally, then slowly warmed to him, then decided enough was enough after Fulham. After the Hamburg home game I think we should give him another year. I'm tired and bored of constrantly changing manager - United, Arsenal, and Liverpool point towards stability. If we underachieve next year again then he has to go.

Agree with this. Except I supported his appointment originally.

Out.

It's got nothing to do with who he played for previously or if he has the right 'mentality' or whatever things he is attempting to put into place behind the scenes... or what I think about him personally (and the guy has my sympathy for some of the stuff that he's put up with from certain City supporters).

I am simply not sure he has it with regards to what he can get the team to produce on the field, for one reason or another. I worry about which players we may see departing in the summer, and what ideas Hughes has about the kind of football and players he sees us playing with.

My contention is that we could do a lot better. That's as simple as it gets. No ifs, no buts, no speculation, just an assessment of what we've seen so far this year, and what he's done with the resources at his disposal. It's just been pretty poor.

Hughes is trying to turn an oil tanker in a puddle and I think his heart and soul is in it all the way because I think deep down he wants to be better than Fergie. I think he is the man for the job and I do believe he can take us to the highest levels, but we must be patient. My only problem is, can Mark Hughes attract the kind of player we need with no Euro cup and a mid table finish without the high profile......I think he will struggle on that one. Still, who needs these over paid pre Maddonna super stars who simply can't be bothered half the time...Know what I mean?????

jimharri said:
I've held that belief all along. Changing managers hand over fist, each time thinking "this is the one", has been proven not to work. Fact. Check out our record this past thirty-odd years. Unfortunately, I do believe that the Hughes Out section of our support will get their way in the summer. Despite the noises supposedly coming from ADUG about Hughes getting another year, I imagine that the Sheik won't be impressed by a mid-table finish. Hope I'm wrong.

This is a situation we've never been in before though, now we have the possibility to attract the most famous and most accomplished managers in the world.

I don't know though...I'm still on the fence about him. I disagree with you though - I do think he will be given another year and I'm just hoping he'll really come good, it'll be the best thing for everyone. And it will shut the "I told you so" attitude of the pundits up as well...loads of more bad press about us ruining football if he is sacked I imagine. Though if he does well next season it will never shut up the "I told you so's" coming from the firm MH supporters on here...sometimes I wonder if you all realize we're on the same team?

I'm in - I liked the pinball football we played in or on the edge of the box on Thursday. I haven't seen city play that before.

We can play some fantastic football and when we get rid of the chaff, or get players to compete for places, we'll come good.

Im in also.

It has done City as a club no good sacking manager after manager, year after year.

People have been moaning about his coaching ability, anybody thought it might just be the players not implementing out on the pitch.

I cant believe he cant take training and specifically set piece training, when Blackburn where one of the best in the league at it when he was in charge. That leads me to the conclussion that the players just havnt grasped what has been taught in the week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.