I am willing to give Hughes an extra season at least.

Spindash said:
Ric said:
I fluctuate hugely in my opinions of Hughes.

Didn't want him originally, then slowly warmed to him, then decided enough was enough after Fulham. After the Hamburg home game I think we should give him another year. I'm tired and bored of constrantly changing manager - United, Arsenal, and Liverpool point towards stability. If we underachieve next year again then he has to go.

Agree with this. Except I supported his appointment originally.

I agree also, give him another season to build HIS team, if he fails then he cant complain he hasnt been given a chance.

Personally I think he is putting together a reasonable squad in the time he has had, we have had a vast amount of injuries and feel if all were fit at anyone time we would have a good set up, but at present our bench players say alot about how short on quality we actually are.

We have seen the likes of Evans and Etuhu used which unfortunately I do not feel (yes I know they are young!) will ever cut it in the Premiership.

Support the players and Manager and be positive !

We must give him time. If we sack Hughes there would be a queue of premier league clubs wanting him. Hughes is a good manager with the potential to be a great manager, let's get behind him and give the man some support.

I've changed my mind. Im willing to give him another season.

If he gets rid of all the dead wood and bring in 3 or 4 class signings, i can see us performing much better next season. We've effectively done most of the season without a decent striker ffs.

I have been on the fence regarding mark hughes for a while now (although i have fallen off once or twice on the anti-side in anger at times ! ) as for where i stand now,for me if the owners are happy to keep him in place for another season,then i can do nothing but get behind him and give him full support.I will try at all times not to post any anti or indeed pro' hughes posts at all,no matter what,and make a judgement at the end of next season, by then i think we will have had a better indication of where we are going.

If he is allowed to stay, why not give him an overseas coach (like the Portugese geezer who went to OT) to assist with handling the volatile South American contingent. Zico would be my choice. He would make a fine Assistant Coach and would jump at the chance to join our project. If MH fails to perform, we would have an ideal caretaker in place.

Isn't it strange... last week after the Fulham game all the same posters were lining up to demand his head... now a win and it's kneejerk reaction time again!

And so it's all the posters lining up to demand Hughes gets another season!

If we lose on Sunday I fully expect all the same posters, AGAIN, all lining up to demand Hughes head!!!

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

What a load of shite. I'm sick to death of this reward for failure bullshit.

With or without Hughes the team would have played like that on Thursday with it being a quarter final and having the kind of backing we gave them. The fact Elano and Robinho played so well together further emphasises Hughes has had it wrong for an entire season. Elano is far too good a player and far too capable of winning games in a second for him to be on our subs bench. Instead Hughes dropped him early on despite him playing well, he was made the scapegoat for our poor form at different stages of the season and the fans turned on him. Unforgiveable management and yet another reason why Hughes should be nowhere near our club.

Or else we could just give him another season, make another hundred excuses for failure and reward him again? Absolute bullshit.

jay_mcfc said:
What a load of shite. I'm sick to death of this reward for failure bullshit.

With or without Hughes the team would have played like that on Thursday with it being a quarter final and having the kind of backing we gave them. The fact Elano and Robinho played so well together further emphasises Hughes has had it wrong for an entire season. Elano is far too good a player and far too capable of winning games in a second for him to be on our subs bench. Instead Hughes dropped him early on despite him playing well, he was made the scapegoat for our poor form at different stages of the season and the fans turned on him. Unforgiveable management and yet another reason why Hughes should be nowhere near our club.

Or else we could just give him another season, make another hundred excuses for failure and reward him again? Absolute bullshit.

Agree with what you say, but lets not forget how he Picked Kompany,Zabs and Swp up in the summer. Ireland has come on leaps and bounds with Hughes aswell and all 4 of them have been our best players. Without Hughes we would probley not have them 4 players. He has his gains aswell as his faults.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.