I am willing to give Hughes an extra season at least.

Absolutely behind Hughes, he needs the whole summer to re-shape the squad and the players have another 6 games to convince Hughes they want to be part of the future.

I think Thursday night was a great night for the club as it showed the players what they can be part of if they give the fans what we crave - success.

The reaction of Elano and Robinho was fantastic, what a shame they haven't applied themselves liek that all season as they are both undoubtedly class players.

I still believe Europe next season is possible with West Ham playing Villa away and us at West Brom the gap could be down to 3 points with West Ham still to play Liverpool and Chelsea, and we still have to play Spurs one of the other contendors. Keep the faith.

As soon as he gets a quality target man playing up top (probably RSC) I think this team will really start to fly.

EDIT - I actually dont think we would be having the Hughes argument over and over if he had got Roque in Jan. A player of his ilk was the one thing missing from a pretty complete performance on Thursday.

Count me in , I wavered after Fulham because I feared for the Hamburg game but I feel close to city now than for a long time (sniff)

Blue Mooner said:
Absolutely behind Hughes, he needs the whole summer to re-shape the squad and the players have another 6 games to convince Hughes they want to be part of the future.

he will already have identified who is going and who he wants to sign to replace them. the remaining six games wont make any difference, with the exception of elano possibly.

TFC said:
As soon as he gets a quality target man playing up top (probably RSC) I think this team will really start to fly.

EDIT - I actually dont think we would be having the Hughes argument over and over if he had got Roque in Jan. A player of his ilk was the one thing missing from a pretty complete performance on Thursday.

We really can't mess up going for the injury prone RSC who has had one decent season in his career. If we do I would pay no more than 8m.

no, get rid after sunday win or lose and get roberto mancini or frank rijkaard in so they have more time to see what they have to work with and where they think improvements are needed in the squad. we're not going to finish 7th so why not?

well i would say, yeah, we've all the time in the world, but it's not without it's pitfalls, if he keeps on underachieving without actually failing spectacularly, another year could actually make it harder for ADUG to replace him without incurring the wrath of the lazy journalist. I just have a feeling that he's going. Cook too. Or, if they arent going, they are both in Mansours bad books.

Sorry, I know that wasnt what the OP wanted to hear.

Shooter 83 said:
TFC said:

We really can't mess up going for the injury prone RSC who has had one decent season in his career. If we do I would pay no more than 8m.

Fair point 83, what I was really trying to say is we need a seasoned target man, dont care who he is as long as he can score with his bonce :) Big Phil has potential, but hes still way too raw to be leading the line in a match as big as Thursdays was.

(great goal though eh Big Phil haters! ;)

Sorry, but I'm still in the out at the end of season camp. I've listened to the arguments from those that want him to stay & I respect & even agree with those specific arguments, however, for me, the arguments to get rid of him are still stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.