I can't believe this, is he mad?

The away leg will be played on a plastic pitch. O'Neill, as stated in the post above obviously feels 1-1 in the first leg will not be enough, so he doesnt want to risk injury and is willing to bite the bullet for the second leg and risk going out

To be honest, if MH had made such a decision, I would have been shouting "HUGHES OUT" at the top of my voice...but Martin O'Neill is such a clever bastard that you know it's probably the right thing to do.

moomba said:
They could be UEFA Cup winners.

Don't think being Uefa winners compares to champions league football. and i reckon the lack of quality bought by Everton was down to lack of funds. If they had got through that round then you might have seen a bit more.

moomba said:
If that is the case, what a shame for football.

I personally do think thats the case. Maybe I'm wrong.

Martin o Neill seems to think the same.

I also think, and maybe this is a bit cynical, but United, Barca, Real etc would rather finish bottom of their Champs League groups than 3rd to avoid playing in the Uefa.

I think it's a close call between winning the UEFA or getting a champs league spot. For us, winning a cup has to be the priority and I'd take a UEFA cup win, but on the other hand if we got into the chumps league we've got the funds to sign some serious fucking players - all we have to do is get our foot in the door

I think what this boils down to in Villa's case though is Villa have a much, much greater chance of getting in the champs league this year than winning the UEFA Cup. If it was the semi final of the UEFA and they were a good few points behind the Arse with a couple of games to go, O'Neill would be putting a strong team out.

Shocking decision, I would be going mad if this happened to us.

Be interesting to see what teams the likes of AC Milan but out in their 2nd leg as they are well on course for CL football next season to

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.