I can't believe this, is he mad?

lionheart said:
O'Neill blames the UEFA Cup for their defeat against Chelsea. If so, I cannot wait for his excuses when City thrash Villa 3-0 next week.

He can blame who or what he likes .

His Villa strikeforce of Heskey and Agbonlahor were abolutely pityful for England the other week.

personally i think villa have been found out just recently and are really struggling to adapt to teams who have worked out how to play against them!

Somebody put on here about how pitiful Heskey and Agbonlahor were for england and they are completely right. Heskey is just Heskey half decent but put him against a top quality centre half and he is worse than useless, agbonlahor looks completely lost without the ability to run in behind players and as teams are learning to defend deeper against villa they have lost their main attacking threat and have yet to come up with a plan b will be interesting to see if O'Neill is the manager everyone thinks he is and he can come up with one

What winds me up about this istthat the aim for the likes of Villa and Spurs each season is to get into Europe and the realistic aim is the Uefa Cup although Villa have exceeded expectation so far this season. Then when these teams get into Europe they play weakened sides as if they don't want to be in the competition? Whats the point?

What happens next season is Villa get into the champs leauge and progress to the last 16 but are struggling in the leauge. Will O'Neill field a weakened team in the last 16 as the leauges a prioity despite the champs leauge being the place where every club would love to be?

Failsworth_Blue said:
What happens next season is Villa get into the champs leauge and progress to the last 16 but are struggling in the leauge. Will O'Neill field a weakened team in the last 16 as the leauges a prioity despite the champs leauge being the place where every club would love to be?

Good point that. Villa will have to bring in a lot of players for them to be able to cope with both the prem and champs league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.